Rate The Song: Wire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wire

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Finally, we have made it into the second quarter of our competition! Today we shall begin rating U2's second era of music, beginning with the first half of The Unforgettable Fire.

Please rate Wire on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

For the record, U2 rates War as follows:
1) New Year's Day
2) Sunday Bloody Sunday
3) Drowning Man
4) "40"
5) Like A Song…
6) Two Hearts Beat As One
7) Surrender
8) Seconds
9) Red Light
10) The Refugee

In two days, when the round for the second half of unreleased songs through the War era is finished, I will release rankings for every song so far.

Terribly good, has been growing on me for years. Another standout on The Unforgettable Fire. Love the energy throughout the song. Wire gets a 9 from me.

Subtracting a point for the good but hilarious Bono rap. This song kicks serious ass though. 8.

I really like this song and the bass in incredible. The end lyrics are hilarious and cool at the same time so I give this a 9.

This song wasn't as immediate as most others on the album but has grown on me tremendously over the years. Drumming and especially the baseline are such a driving force in this song, awesome energy. Some of Adam's best work is here. Fantastic lyrics from Bono (especially the chorus, fucking love that chorus) and great, innovative guitar work by Edge. This song needs to return to the live set!

8 Great song Edges guitar playing sinisters Bono's Lyrics unbelievable!!!

yes good job!! what is going on ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom