Rate the Song: When Love Comes To Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

L! O! V! E!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
This set of polls is over the second half of Rattle and Hum.

Please rate When Love Comes to Town on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Studio and Lovetown-versions are 7. Ok, but it doesn't have that extra. Zoo TV-version is more my style, love that version. Overall an 8. Not a high 8, but still. Good stuff.

I'm surprised at how the voting here has turned out. I mean, I figured I was in the minority giving it a nine, but I didn't realize interference thought/thinks so little of this song.

gvox said:
I like this song alot, but the only silly part of it is when Bono's reading the lyrics to BB...that was a bit eye-roll worthy lol

To me, THAT'S the low point of R&H. Bono reads his own lyrics like they were carved into a flaming stone tablet, it's hilarious.

This one's probably worth a 7. A little awkward, and I miss a distinct Edge contribution, but enjoyable on its own terms.

When i first heard this song i thought U2 had jumped the shark. But I slowly came round to it. Great vocals, and as BB said "heavy lyrics!"

Completely inessential. What a shame it was on the best of. 5.

:lol:

Yeah..it's hard to hate on him for it too much tho, he says it with such wide-eyed conviction...I hope he laughed at himself later tho. He probably did.

I don't think any of them laughed, even once, in the 86-87-88-89 period.

To me, THAT'S the low point of R&H. Bono reads his own lyrics like they were carved into a flaming stone tablet, it's hilarious.

This one's probably worth a 7. A little awkward, and I miss a distinct Edge contribution, but enjoyable on its own terms.

Agreed on all terms here. :)

I'm in the middle. I love BB King, love the lyrics and guitar work, love the passionate vocals, but never really liked the overall song that much. It's like the pieces of this song work better than the whole song. Another way of stating this is that the ideas of this song were brilliant, but the execution was lacking.

Either way, a good, but not great song. It is better live though, hence I give it a 6/7 (7 in this poll).

Back
Top Bottom