Rate The Song: Trip Through Your Wires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TTYW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Definitely not the high point on JT, but it's still nice. It's all good fun! Without it JT would feel infinitely more grim, and just by itself it's still good stuff if you ask me. 7

One of the bad ones. I hate everything about this song, and it doesn't have enough quality about it to like. I agree with Galeongirl, it seems as if it were just thrown on the album to make up for something. It already had alot going for it, this song is just pointless. 3.

On one level, a fun and silly song that otherwise provides a lighter song to the overall JT album. On another level though, a half arsed and piss weak attempt at country. Hey U2, the USA will love you without you stooping so low as to take your music in this direction. Refer to IGC for a much better way of achieving the same goal.

WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT

unless the tv gaga version

WHAT A PIECE OF SHITTY SUPERWIN

Which raises the question -- what is the point of any song?

Not too sure about some, but what I meant with the song being pointless was the fact that this album was great, and they had to throw this song in the album and make it loose some of it's value. That is all I'm saying, it's my opinion and no one has to agree with me about it.

Well, I would make the complete opposite argument. The song fleshes out their musical influences and inspirations, providing an extra dimension (this one NOT sullen) to the album's concept. I wouldn't be bored by the album without it, but it wouldn't be the same. Exit is a little out of left-field too, but it provides tension. Again, it's all part of what makes the album a fully-formed, living unit instead of a musical version of that monochrome album cover.

Again, it's all part of what makes the album a fully-formed, living unit instead of a musical version of that monochrome album cover.

I really like the way you put this, and agree totally. It's along the same lines of why, even though I'd have loved to see Heartland make the album, I can kindof see why they did it the way they did.

Not too sure about some, but what I meant with the song being pointless was the fact that this album was great, and they had to throw this song in the album and make it loose some of it's value. That is all I'm saying, it's my opinion and no one has to agree with me about it.
In other words, you don't like it. That does not make it pointless.

For example, I loathe "I'll Go Crazy Tonight" or whatever the hell it's called, but I see the point of it -- a futile attempt at a lowest-common denominator hit, as a fail-safe in case the lead-off single tanks (which it did).

In other words, you don't like it. That does not make it pointless.

Bingo. I agree with you about 'I'll Go Crazy...' in saying the the point of it was to be a backup if the lead single were to fail, while in all reality none of the three singles were really a huge success, but that is for another thread and discussion, so I end here.

Back
Top Bottom