Rate The Song: Things To Make And Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Things To Make And Do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Now begins the difficult struggle of this contest: when we rate non-album songs. Today we will rate the first seven of the thirteen non-album songs from before Boy to the War era. The whole list of thirteen is:

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Touch
Speed Of Life
Saturday Night
Things To Make And Do
Boy/Girl
Another Day
A Celebration
J. Swallo
Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl
Endless Deep
Angels Too Tied To The Ground
Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop)

Please rate Things To Make And Do on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

It's interesting that this was the first instrumental they rated enough to play live a bit (also, the only). It's actually pretty solid, but clearly B-side-ish.

Basically they had this good piece of music that Bono never wrote lyrics to, so they just released it as an instrumental.

Fun tune, but not as good as "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm."
I agree. F**k! If I only had a nickel for every time I heard that shitty song back in the day... Why, I'd nearly have as much money as Paul McGuinness earns every five minutes on U2 reissues.

It's pretty bland, good instrumental but it doesn't have any momentum - probably why there aren't any lyrics for it. 4

6. Tracks like this and J Swallo show how the band were trying to tap into something new in their music, new for them anyway.

Oh, thank God I can grow a beard and am uninterested in picking up other men on message forums!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom