Rate the Song: Sweetest Thing [NEW VERSION]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I shouldn't make the "Swedish Thing" joke again :(

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Let's continue today with the second round of voting on 90s non-album songs. The whole list is:

Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
Lady with the Spinning Head
Salomé
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Slow Dancing
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Viva Davidoff
Holy Joe
North and South of the River
I'm Not Your Baby
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Sweetest Thing (new version)
Blow Your House Down
Heaven And Hell
Oh Berlin
Near The Island
Down All The Days
Everybody Loves A Winner

This round will have the second set of six songs, Viva Davidoff through the new version of Sweetest Thing.

Please rate the new (1998) version of Sweetest Thing on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Original is much better. I like Bono's voice being all fucked up since it is a silly little ditty, plus there was a great part absent in this version, and I fucking hate those doo-doo-doos.

3. My lowest score so far. I really loved the original, don't think it needed the huge injection of saccharine.
Good video though.

Very good song. The '87 B-side was good, but isn't quite complete. This is, and it's a wonderful little pop single (it also did wonders for their career profile).

i barfed the first time i heard this remake. it came out the other end during the "doo doo doo doo" part.

One of my favorite non-album songs ever. Easily better than the original version, and wish they performed it live more often, as the Elevation performances of the song were so good.

In my opinion, easy 10. So good. :drool:

yeah I really envy people who got to hear that song live. some dumb misguided flicker of hope made me think they might have pulled it out of the bag for the festival crowd at Glastonbury but nope :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom