Rate the Song: Spanish Eyes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spanish Eyes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
I have decided to expand the list of TUF-TJT-R&H non-album songs to poll Interference on, so this will be the second of now three voting rounds on those songs. The full list is (and feel free to suggest adding some):

Disappearing Act
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises
Bass Trap
Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
Boomerang I
Boomerang II
Luminous Times (Hold on to Love)
Walk to the Water
Spanish Eyes
Silver and Gold
Drunk Chicken/America
Sweetest Thing (original version)
Wave of Sorrow (Birdland)
Hallelujah Here She Comes
A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel
She's a Mystery To Me
Deep in the Heart
Beautiful Ghost/Introduction to Songs of Experience
Desert of Our Love
Rise Up
Yoshino Blossom

We will address Spanish Eyes through A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel today.

Please rate Spanish Eyes on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Overrated. I adore it for a minute or two, but then the song starts feeling like a loop, and Bono's vocal is terrible, not passionate or whatever. A very generous 7.

Overrated. I adore it for a minute or two, but then the song starts feeling like a loop, and Bono's vocal is terrible, not passionate or whatever. A very generous 7.
We are in 98% agreement on this. (I wouldn't call his vocal "terrible", but rather overly earnest as he tries to make more out of the song than is there.)

Easily my favorite non-album song from the TUF-R&H era. Epic by my standards, hope to hear this live someday, even if it only appears every once in a while. :wink: Gets a 10 from me. :drool:

Good enough to have been on TJT.
Great vocal, great guitar.
Love it.

A really fun song but there's something missing. 8

They said it best, imo. I went with a 9 just because it rocks and I like when they rock, and I really like the way he sings Empty heart beat tight as a drum set, but yeah . . . there's just a tad something missing here.

Back
Top Bottom