Rate the Song Series: Zoo Station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Zoo Station

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Studio:

Zoo Station - 8
EBTTRT - 9
One - 9
UTEOTW - 10
WGRYWH - 9
So Cruel - 10
The Fly - 8
Mysterious Ways - 10
TTTYAATW - 7
Ultraviolet - 8
Acrobat - 8
Love Is Blindness - 6

Live:

Zoo Station - 10
EBTTRT - 9
One - 8 (yep, I prefer the studio version)
UTEOTW - 100
WGRYWH - 8
So Cruel - N/A
The Fly - 9
Mysterious Ways - 10
TTTYAATW - 7
Ultraviolet - 100
Acrobat - N/A :madwife:
Love Is Blindness - 9

God, I really do like Achtung more than I used to. This is a frightening revelation.

Ten.

My favorite U2 song ever. Contrary to a lot of people here, I actually prefer the album version to the live version. Don't get me wrong, it sounds awesome live, (and I will never forget getting to hear it the one night they played it in Boston in 2005) but the production on the studio version is just so fantastic. The rhythm section sound like machines in an industrial factory or something. That may not really make sense... I just don't know how else to put it. The effect on Bono's voice is very striking and adds to the atmosphere perfectly. And then when Edge creates those shimmering, dreamlike textures during the chorus... wow. I think Bono says something in U2 By U2 (can't find my copy for the exact quote at the moment) about Edge's guitar during the chorus sounding like daylight breaking through the clouds. I really couldn't agree more. Just a great, great track and one that really got me addicted to the band for a long time.

8 i can still remember putting on the cd and going what the fuck is this? certainly isnt joshua tree. the song has a great punch live when larry's drums are miked properly. zootv version still the best imo

8. Not all around the most brilliant song but it means a lot to me. Never thought it was particularly better live, though - if anything I might even prefer the studio version. Great track all around nonetheless.

Every song from this album is gonna get a 10 from me. That's right, every song including Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World.

:up: the next 11 threads are the ones you have been waiting for years! :lol:

the first time i saw the ZooTV dvd i think i nearly jizzed in my pants when this started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom