Rate the Song Series: Where the Streets Have No Name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Where the Streets Have No Name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I kinda wish I'd given this a 9 instead of 10. Perfect U2 song but I still prefer Unf. Fire and NYD to this one.

If Layton gives a 1 to every single song, I guess it won't matter much, relatively speaking.

Should I go through all your posts to find a grammatical error and highlight it in big bold print now too? :wink:

I'm sorry if I came off like an ass and offended you but it honestly amazes me to no end every time somebody types "should of" or "would of". Is it pronunciation carried over incorrectly to writing? But I don't think anybody pronounces "should've" like "should of". Anyway, back to the topic.

I'm sorry if I came off like an ass and offended you but it honestly amazes me to no end every time somebody types "should of" or "would of". Is it pronunciation carried over incorrectly to writing? But I don't think anybody pronounces "should've" like "should of". Anyway, back to the topic.

I'm always correcting him about this, sometimes I just think he does it out of spite. :p

But yes, back to the topic. Uh...yay Streets! :wink:

Oh no, appreciation for classic album tracks!

Whatever next!

i haven't got a problem with that, it just seems ridiculous to me that at this stage we collectively think that promenade is much better than pride. :shrug:

and zoots this place has led to me picking up on grammatical mistakes everywhere, it shits me :lol:

you'd be amazed at the number of people who actually believe it's would of, could of and should of...

I would love it if Streets was beaten by TUF, although I do still love Streets in spite of my non-ten-vote. They can play the song in concert as long as they want, and I'll be thrilled.

I'll agree that Streets from 26 December 1989 is an easy 10, or even an 11. Fucking incredible - I reckon it's the definitive live version.

I still enjoy it post-Lovetown, but especially from Popmart on, I don't think it's quite what its reputation claims it is. Slane would just be a 7 or 8 for me.

Agreed on the Lovetown love, but I frickin' love the Popmart arrangement, and although its a special every night, there's still an occasional night where they knock it out of the park like they used to.

10 here too. suckily enough i think it's my favourite U2 song.

don't understand how people think the studio version of bad is ordinary... another one of these forum things where the masses start turning i guess.

Agreed. Of course the live versions of Bad have been incredible on most every tour, but the studio version is still excellent. A lot of people on here really only care for their live version, which is a shame give all they've accomplished with production and recording techniques (especially in that era).

Maybe I'll just leave... I only come here to feel backed up on exactly what I say. This dissent is uncomfortable.

...I kid of course, see y'all tomorrow... maybe even later tonight. I should do work, instead I'll just go zone out in front of the TV.

Who am I kidding, I have a laptop and there's areas of the forum I haven't explored today... haha

Agreed on the Lovetown love, but I frickin' love the Popmart arrangement, and although its a special every night, there's still an occasional night where they knock it out of the park like they used to.

I've no problem with the Popmart arrangement per se, and the "reprise" at the end with a snippet of Playboy Mansion or whatever else Bono felt like snippeting that night was good. Just not quite on the excellence on previous live versions, and I find from Popmart on, any version of Streets is inherently dragged down by Bono's voice no longer possessing the same strength (no, this isn't a signal for certain sycophants to tell me Bono's technically able to do this or that today that he couldn't do in the eighties).

I mean, the vocal performance on the 26 December 1989 version is extraordinary - both in terms of range and in the sheer power of his delivery. No Streets from 1997 (maybe even 1992) to now even really comes close.

10, both live and studio. Gives me such a feeling of joy and happines time to time.

Given that they're back to playing it in album tuning again, I'd say the song/Bono's vocal hasn't lost it's lustre live, not at all.

Also, the intro and where Edge is in the mix is wayyyy better live :up:

Back
Top Bottom