Rate the Song Series: When Loves Comes to Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate When Loves Comes to Town

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
8. Not one of my top three on RAH or anything, but a very solid song, I enjoy it.

This is one of my least favourite U2 songs. Probably the only '80s U2 song that I actively dislike. A poor blues pastiche. The live versions from Lovetown are just about listenable.

9 for me, Bono's voice sounds incredible, so strong like it had no top! a far cry from today, I hate to say it, but c'mon its true :( , Plus BB King on guitar!!! oh man has anyone made a guitar sound as sweet as him!?!!?! Great rockin blues tune, all the musicians are incredible on this one, especially Larry and Adam!!! how anyone can say its a bad tune is beyond me!!!!!

If you want B.B. King, you can buy any one of his ten million records -- or see him live, as he plays more shows at age 85 than most 25 year olds.

This track is solid, but something about it doesn't sound of a piece with the rest of the album. It's almost too attention-seeking and bombastic (and this at the most attention-seeking/bombastic period in the band's history). Anyway, it's my least favorite of all the R&H studio cuts.

7. i think i'm being generous. Like finance guy said, this is probably my least favourite U2 song of the 80's. I hated it at the time, don't mind it now. Shows how strong their 80s output was that there worst song still gets a 7.

Gave it a 6. Not Rattle & Hum's best moment, but not a bad tune. Love Bono's vocals on this one, and who could forget BB?

It actually loses some steam because of The Edge. The Edge, let's face it, is not a bluesman. And his solo here is really out of place. They should have just let BB take all 3 solos.

By the way, I saw BB King live at Pier 6 in Baltimore two years ago and he played this tune with his band. A different arrangement, but it's nice to see that B.B. still appreciates the song from the Irish lads.

I mean sure R&H is all over the place, but its an exploration of American music, which is going to be eclectic by nature, a little diversion into the blues with a certified legend is not something that should get people so hot under the collar (man no one uses that idiom anymore, huh?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom