Rate The Song Series:Ultra Violet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Ultra Violet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok the song is not "better" than Streets, granted. But that is sortof the inherent problem with running a poll for a band with, what, 200 or so songs? There aren't different gradients of 10, it's just 10. Streets is a 10. UV is a 10. :shrug:

I'd say that when the dust settles, anything in the top 10 (or even 15-20?) can be considered "U2's Best" and not "better than" or "lesser than" the others in that same range.

Given that people rated some pretty mediocre b-sides and alternates 8s and 9s, also....

I loathe 'em.

UV has more going on under the surface than its teeny-bopper coat would initially suggest... like all of AB, really.

No it doesn't, and it's even more devoid of substance live, just a shell of a song that they should've hocked off to a boyband for a few bucks rather than harmonising themselves.

I did, however, like WTAHAN's Ultra Violent!

Oh my God, we agree on something! :hi5:

I know, I'm also concerned about that. I guess we're just going to have to reluctantly deal with the fact that we don't have grounds to denigrate each other over this one.

Damn...!

It's about to out-poll Streets. Do you people seriously think this song is better than Streets?

Good fucking god, EYKIW.

I consider them roughly equal. Certainly surprised that this is out-polling All I Want Is You and ASOH though.

No it doesn't, and it's even more devoid of substance live, just a shell of a song that they should've hocked off to a boyband for a few bucks rather than harmonising themselves.

Oh you poor thing. Can't seem to respect other opinions, eh? Now now. Have a candy.

Interesting how I agree with most things you say about the band, apart from your violent hatred of most of my favourite album :wave:

Contradiction is balance. :wink:

I was gonna give it a 9, but just for this I'm giving it a 10.

come on people... a 10? Be objective! :lol:

I give it a 7.3

It's ok, and live it was disappointing

So "7.3" is like an objective grading of the song? This sounds like a Monty Python joke. Apologies if intentional.

10 all over the place. 10 1010100101101001010110101001001010. Binary code for awesome. In my top 3 of best U2 songs ever!

Back
Top Bottom