Rate the Song Series: The Fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Fly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, as the years have passed, I've come to love this song more and more (I'm speaking of the studio track). It's one of the few U2 songs that really has funk and swings, it has probably their baddest-ass guitar riff ever, it has great lyrics, and it had the greatest guitar solo I've ever heard by anybody, ever.

:up::up:
Well said.

The Fly can't be anything but a 10; pretty much everything on Achtung Baby is a 9 (Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, So Cruel, Even Better Than the Real Thing) or 10 (everything else)

Nothing on U2's output over the last decade surpasses a 8 (Stuck in a Moment) and most of it is a 5 or lower.

Vertigo, All Because of You, One Step Closer, Peace On Earth are 1s.
Beautiful Day, Elevation, Walk On, When I Look at the World, Crumbs, A Man And A Woman, Grace, Yahweh are 2 or 3s.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, City of Blinding Lights are 5s.

Sad, really.

even though i like stuck, i think any credibility of that post went out the window when you said stuck is 8 and every other song released since is worse.

7. Worst song on Achtung Baby. I've grown to like it less and less the last couple of years. Especially after seeing U2:3D, man, I wasn't won over by that performance.
I agree with Edge that it hasn't really stood the test of time.

Nothing on U2's output over the last decade surpasses a 8 (Stuck in a Moment) and most of it is a 5 or lower.

I can name about 30 U2 songs from this decade that are better than Stuck In A Moment. In fact, I can only name a couple that are worse.

The Fly can't be anything but a 10; pretty much everything on Achtung Baby is a 9 (Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, So Cruel, Even Better Than the Real Thing) or 10 (everything else)

IMO, 8 out of 11 songs on NLOTH are better than The Fly. 6 of them are 10s.

I think the fact that you can't see the greatness of the new U2 material is a bit sad, really.

I do like Stuck, but there's no way in hell it's as good as Magnificent, COBL, MOS, NLOTH, Breathe, BD, Walk On, or UC. In my humble opinion, of course.

Beautiful Day, Elevation, Walk On, When I Look at the World, Crumbs, A Man And A Woman, Grace, Yahweh are 2 or 3s.

Sad, really.

love how its necessary to slag on 2000's output in a poll about a 90's song.

Sad, really.

:eyebrow:

Ur opinion not mine. I like most of their 2000's stuff. A lot of ATYCLB is :down: IMO but Atomic Bomb and NLOTH have some impressive stuff. I love HTDAAB and NLOTH. I'm just saying.;)

The Fly is a great song off of U2's best album. The Elevation Tour version of The Fly is my favorite...even more than the Zoo TV version. Zoo TV was still their best tour.

The Fly riff on the Vertigo tour was superb, and it just had that little bit more juice than previous.

I think the fact that you can't see the greatness of the new U2 material is a bit sad, really.

I think the fact that you feel it's appropriate to call another user's musical tastes and opinions "sad" is more than a bit sad. Really.

love how its necessary to slag on 2000's output in a poll about a 90's song.

FTW.

It'd be so nice to one day be able to have a discussion on here where differing viewpoints were respected, wouldn't it?

I think the fact that you feel it's appropriate to call another user's musical tastes and opinions "sad" is more than a bit sad. Really.

Agreed, I mean honestly the point of this competition is to rank the song based on what ALL of this forum thinks, yes the vocal minority are still voting but they're a vocal minority in the overall scores I don't give people higher weight because they state their opinion more. So don't insult anyone's opinion or anything just vote for the song how you see it and if they're just the vocal minority that one vote won't matter

He can feel however he wants, but I do feel a bit sad for him, and I had to reuse his "sad, really."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom