Rate the Song Series: The First Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The First Time

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Okay another day another round, this one will be open for a day or so we'll see how voting goes

You all know it so vote based on whatever

Not sure how to vote for this... beautiful, beautiful ballad. Its strength is its simplicity, in the midst of Zooropa, and the story of Bono skipping the last verse when recording the song adds meaning to the song. But it also suffers a bit because of that simplicity, I think... I'm not sure. Probably an eight or a nine, but I'll think about it for a bit before voting.

I gave it a 9, this, Dirty Day, and Wanderer are my favs on Zooropa.

Score this a 7, a very good song. Love Bono's falsetto where he sounds as if he's crying. :D

I was at the Chicago show last tour, the first time they ever played it live. What an amazing, shocking moment, hearing the opening notes and realizing what it was. :)

Me too :).

I wish I could begin to explain what this song means to me.

It's a very nice song and makes perfect sense on Zooropa but I don't think it should have been included on the best of 1990-00.

I give it a 3 and that's being generous. One of the most dullest tracks in U2's back catalogue alongside One Step Closer. How this made the Best of 1990-2000 in some versions when The Fly didn't is mind boggling.

Not sure how to vote for this... beautiful, beautiful ballad. Its strength is its simplicity, in the midst of Zooropa, and the story of Bono skipping the last verse when recording the song adds meaning to the song. But it also suffers a bit because of that simplicity, I think... I'm not sure. Probably an eight or a nine, but I'll think about it for a bit before voting.
What was this last verse he skipped? I've never heard of this.

So much emotion, such a beautiful little tune. Some people say it's out of place on Zooropa, I say its the calm in the storm.

I'm totally jealous of anyone who saw it live, I've only seen bad YouTube clips, and fans are always blocking it out with their off-key singing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom