Rate the Song Series: Stay (Faraway So Close!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Stay

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
So thank you all for waiting while I went off to fail my exams and have a nervous breakdown, I am now back and ready to get this rolling again

Interference's Top (139) U2 Songs

12. Your Blue Room
13. Zooropa

15. Lemon

36. Slug

60. Always Forever Now
61. Numb

88. Babyface

94. United Colours

This round we'll be voting on Stay and A Different Kind of Blue, you can vote based on whatever version of the song you wish and the poll will be open for at least a day

I have no other choice but give this song a big 10. Firmly etched into my Top 5 U2 songs OF ALL TIME.

Honestly, this song is probably one of the most beautiful and touching I have ever heard, and the music video just enhances it's brilliance. Lyrically, among Bono's best, as is his vocal performance.

My respect for this song goes through the roof.

if you have any more troubles john i'd be happy to take over for a while.. :up:

another easy 10. wouldn't have been in the past, but one day it just clicked for me and my love for it has not abated since.

9, but very close to being a 10.

4 for those crappy acoustic versions, but let's stay in the 1992-1993 mode.

10 for the album version and the Zoo TV versions, 10 for the Islington performance. Most of the acoustic performances are average at best though.

I love the verses quite a bit, but am indifferent about the chorus
never liked the production much which makes it one of the few U2 songs I do prefer in the acoustic version

10. Possibly Bono's best vocal, best lyrics, best melody, best video. This song is definitely one of u2's best.

I love this song! My absolute favorite! I want to thank you U2 for writing such an amazing song that nobody else could have written. And even if so it wouldn't be the same. So a HUGE thanks!

I'll admit that this song has made me cry. I especially get teary-eyed around this line "Dressed up like a car crash/ The wheels are turning but you're upside down/ You say when he hits you, you don't mind/ Because when he hits you, you feel alive"

I always see a woman in a car accident (the person who Bono is talking about in the song) and she is killed in the wreck and Bono is describing her life. The line "When I touch you, you don't feel a thing" I always think means that she is an angel and he won't see her until he's passed away and he misses her. I don't know if anyone else interprets it that way but it really makes the song for me. Anyway we're here to rate not discuss song meanings. Just thought I'd pour that tid-bit on you.

PS they should really go back to playing full band when doing this one live.:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom