Rate the Song Series: Some Days Are Better Than Others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Some Days

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
So thanks to Digitize I've managed to get all the results back just lining them up now with the ones I had before to make up for any off out of topic voting but i feel we can continue you now

You know how this works, you've got about a day to rate this song and well rate it based on anything you want

9. I don't give a fuck if that's the highest rating it gets and I wind up looking overly generous; there is so much win in this song. It features one of Adam's finest bass lines, a trippy fuzzbox solo from Edge, and just a generally great melody.

Never been a fan of the solo, but love the guitar in the chorus.

rather dodgy lyrics tho :wink:

i think the lyrics are pretty good, but this song is all about the sound effects, rhythem section and edge's fuzzy guitar.

Some days are slippy, other days are sloppy;
Some days you can't stand the sight of a puppy.
Your skin is white, but you think you're a brother.
Some days are better than others.
Some days you wake up with her complaining.
Some sunny days you wish it was raining.
Some days are sulky, some days have a grin;
And some days have bouncers and won't let you in.
Some days you hear a voice
Taking you to another place.
Some days are better than others.

i love it: 10 :up:

Compared to the rest of Zooropa? A five. Compared to the rest of U2's catalogue, probably a six or seven. Should've voted it higher.

fucking ten.

yeah that's right.

i love this song. funky, bass, great use of synth and whatever bloody else is in there, the lyrics are fantastic in my opinion, i won't hear a bad word about it.

It is amazing how this song showcases where U2 were back then and how willing they were to push the envelope. It is not a 'normal' song for an arena / stadium rock band. I wish they'd return to this mindset.

Give it an 8. :dance:

Everyone in the band has put in a well respectable performance, despite it's unpopularity, I do love Bono's lyrics in the song as they are quirky, fun and most of all, true.

The fuzzbox solo and the bassline are worthy mentions, too.

I like it too. The "sloppy / puppy" rhyme is a bit much, but hey the lyrics are just there for fun. You know Edge wasn't gonna go down the fuzz-box route unless he could make it sound unique, and it's rare to hear that sound in such a poppy song. Like all the Zooropa songs, this one is fun and interesting. A very diverse record, so you never get bored listening to it song after song.

This really sucks. I voted hastily though, 0 really should be reserved for Lemon only, I probably should have given Some Days a 3 or so. Again, the lyrics...ugh.

This really sucks. I voted hastily though, 0 really should be reserved for Lemon only, I probably should have given Some Days a 3 or so. Again, the lyrics...ugh.

Damn... and I felt kinda bad giving this song a six.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom