Rate the Song Series: Salome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Salome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, absolutely unequivocally there has to also be a poll for the Zooromancer Remix of this song, quite possibly the only real U2 house track. That song is at least a 9. The original, 6.

Ok, absolutely unequivocally there has to also be a poll for the Zooromancer Remix of this song, quite possibly the only real U2 house track. That song is at least a 9. The original, 6.

Seeing as no one said it before, I didn't ask people to vote just based on the regular version so it's too late to do a separate round for the remix. Sorry but unless it's requested by someone first, remixes are with the main track

I really don't think the Zooromancer Remix deserves a separate poll. It's never been requested in the entire history of Survivor either. I think the only songs we've ever done separately due to remixes are LWTSH and Holy Joe.

Hard to rate, due the superiority of some of the remixes over the original, but I gave it a 5.

Seeing as no one said it before, I didn't ask people to vote just based on the regular version so it's too late to do a separate round for the remix. Sorry but unless it's requested by someone first, remixes are with the main track

How would we know when to request this, if we don't know what song is next? Seems a closed loop.

No problem, if you could kindly count my vote a 9 based on the remix, I'd appreciate it. :up:

How would we know when to request this, if we don't know what song is next? Seems a closed loop.

No problem, if you could kindly count my vote a 9 based on the remix, I'd appreciate it. :up:

Well I've asked a few times for people to suggest songs, no one replies so things are ignored

8 Great song, U2 giving vent to their t-rexy, glam-rock side.

Funnily enough I find the remix awful, but as so many people here love it I'll give it another listen.

Well I've asked a few times for people to suggest songs, no one replies so things are ignored

Granted, I guess I could have anticipated that we were coming up on Salome, given that we were in AB territory.

Having said that, I don't really think it's too late to do a poll for it, and you have done so for different versions in the past, no? (just going off memory)

To register my suggestion officially:

Going forward, I think this should be rethought, as we are entering into U2's remix territory now (the 90s ->). Is the different version just an edit of the original album track? Then it likely doesn't warrant a separate vote. Similarly, live vs studio is also not warranted a second vote because very few U2 songs actually are dramatically different in their live incarnations.

However, if the remix drastically takes the song from the rock genre and then reinterprets it to house/dance or some other genre, it basically almost does become a new song then, and some originals would stand to benefit from being separated from their horrible remixes. By way of example...if I were to take all of the remixes of Mofo and SATS into account, I'd rate those songs VERY VERY low. And that's not entirely fair to the album cut of those songs.

If that makes any sense..just my suggestion for what it's worth.

I'm just gonna explain my opinion on it this way, when I started this competition I got a list of U2 songs that is what I've been working off of. Personally I'm not a huge fan of remixes and have no idea what most of them sound like, save for Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance) I don't know a single Achtung remix or Zooropa or excluding Holy Joe Pop remix.

Also in the past I've made it clear that you can rate the song based on whatever version you want as long as I haven't stated otherwise so at this stage save for running this poll again which I don't think most people would want I can't get a fair result for this song. If people suggest songs they'll most likely be added to the list I'm working off of but if it's not on there I'm just gonna ignore because honestly I'm on autopilot posting these polls.

My life is so busy with exams and other college stuff that when I have time I just like to post the poll add up results and ignore it. You might have noticed the amount of writing I put into each post is decreasing lately; I love running this competition but I don't have the time that I did when I started it so unless people give me the stuff they want it will probably be ignored and the competition has been going on long enough without me making us do polls again. So that's my opinion not perfect but this is a lot of work to do, and I'm doing my best sometimes it's not perfect but I'm human

Also I gotta go to class so don't expect new polls until tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom