Rate the Song Series: Red Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Red Light

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
We've been waiting for this moment people, it's time to rate the classic Red Light, vote based on whatever and the poll will be open for a day

Zero. Naught. Big fat donut.

A steaming pile of crap. I don't blame the band as they clearly ran out of material. But surely Lillywhite and co. could have motivated / directed U2 down a better path than this.

Or more simply further develop Treasure since its a far better song even in b-side form.

Three. It's pretty awful, but not a zero.

OMGZ U2 should play this under teh clawz! They do'nt has enuff setlists varietys unless they play RED LIGHT.

I think more than anything the vocals are what does it in. I love the bassline and the horns recall what another of my guilty pleasures (see: Face Value, Hello, I Must Be Going!) was up to around that time.

I'd give it a 6 or 7.

It's not that bad and I can only imagine how much fun Bono had with the coconuts in the studio when they recorded this (Kid Creole's backing singers)

Very catchy in a different sort of way but un U2 like.

If you want to talk steaming pile of dung, i'd say seconds is right up there but not Red Light!!!!!

2. Very mediocre song in the U2 canon, though it has its charms in the sense that it's unique poppy with the back up singers, and that little guitar part after the "give you my lovvvvvve" in the chorus is rather pleasant.

But I've never gone out of my way to specifically listen to this song, and that is a telling factor. It's just not worth listening to.

Travis' illustration is still quite better than the song, though.

u2redlight.jpg

2. Very mediocre song in the U2 canon, though it has its charms in the sense that it's unique poppy with the back up singers, and that little guitar part after the "give you my lovvvvvve" in the chorus is rather pleasant.

But I've never gone out of my way to specifically listen to this song, and that is a telling factor. It's just not worth listening to.

:yes: :up:

i had to go to youtube to remember it, in actual fact, perhaps 6 may have been a little high. but it's better than the refugee.

Back
Top Bottom