Rate the Song Series: Love Comes Tumbling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate: Love Comes Tumbling

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
10. should have been on the album. one of my all time favorite u2 songs.

let's see more 10's folks!

10. should have been on the album. one of my all time favorite u2 songs.

let's see more 10's folks!

It was criminal to leave this off Unforgettable Fire but make it's the best ever B Side!!!!!!Strikingly Beautiful song!!!

10. Masterpiece. The fact that pretty much everything in the second half of TUF made the album, but Love Comes Tumbling didn't, is an epic fail.

10. Completely inexplicable that this did not make the album.

10. Masterpiece. The fact that pretty much everything in the second half of TUF made the album, but Love Comes Tumbling didn't, is an epic fail.

leave bad out of this, and once again, you are right. seriously you are in good form here mate.

i won't give it a 10, though i will drop it a 9

leave bad out of this, and once again, you are right. seriously you are in good form here mate.

i won't give it a 10, though i will drop it a 9

Oh yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of studio Bad, but it absolutely deserves a slot on TUF.

And so does Bass Trap, for that matter. :) At least as much as 4th of July...

there's no reason why Bass Trap and LCT couldn't have been on the album, I've been saying that since the moment I heard the both of them.

Oh well :hugs TUF single/ep:

you all do remember this album was released in the days of vinyl, right? an lp can only fit about an hour's worth of music. however, the sound quality improves if you don't put that much music on. kinda like how back in the days of vhs cassettes, things looked better recorded in sp rather than ep. so they put as much material as could be really fit onto one lp. any more and it would've been a double album, which i doubt island would've let them do.

That still doesn't account for 4th Of July, EPAA, and MLK making the album and LCT not. That's just a tracklist selection fail.

(Not that I'd necessarily want UF without 4th Of July or EPAA, but if you're trying to sell albums, surely LCT is the obvious choice.)

that's true, though most were just saying it should be on the album. :tsk: though if we're discussing songs that could/should have been booted instead to make room for lct, i'm not sure if anyone would agree with what i'd ax! :wink:

That still doesn't account for 4th Of July, EPAA, and MLK making the album and LCT not. That's just a tracklist selection fail.

:yes:

I give it a 10. Easily one of the best songs of that era! Atmospheric Masterpiece would be a good description.

my version of TUF:

Bass Trap
A Sort Of Homecoming
Pride
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Promenade
4th Of July
Bad
Indian Summer Sky
Love Comes Tumbling
Elvis Presley And America