Rate the Song Series: Desire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Desire

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
I'm in John's series, making his polls.

Anyway, this round we've got Desire and its b-side Hallelujah Here She Comes up for voting. You know the drill by now. You've a day to vote; cast your vote based on whatever you want as long as you're consistent between rounds.

Knock yourselves out.

Desire was pretty awesome on Lovetown. Pretty fucking awesome if we're talking the shredding solo version.

Which is why I'm giving it a 7. It'd be a 6 otherwise, as I'm not particularly taken by the studio version or other live versions of the song.

i'll throw an 8 it's way, pretty damn bitchin', and if you exclude the ho-hum acoustic versions and focus on lovetown/mirrorball man performances, it was brilliant live too.

8 studio, Lovetown and Zoo TV are 10 however. It became boring after that.

8.5, rounded down because even though I vote based on the studio, the song has been horrible live since ZooTV.

This is what confuses me -- are we talking about the first studio versions, or the live versions, or both? The rating can be hugely different if these are taken into consideration.

This is what confuses me -- are we talking about the first studio versions, or the live versions, or both? The rating can be hugely different if these are taken into consideration.
I tink you can choose.

Whatever you want, really.

Before hearing it live this summer, I would have said 6 or something, but wow, it took me by storm. Especially with Michael Jackson in it. Solid 8.

Whatever you want as long as you're consistent, as long as it isn't stated

It's fun, but it really isn't that great, I'm not sure why it survives live to this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom