Rate the Song Series: Bullet the Blue Sky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Bullet the Blue Sky

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Sorry for the slight delay but here we are another round of the Joshua Tree era, this time we'll be rating Bullet and Silver and Gold. Vote whatever way you are inclined based on whatever you want. Poll will be open for one day

Studio version is amazing. Elevation version is amazing. All other live performances are so-so. I'll give it an 8.

JT seems to like presenting difficult tracks. Studio, I'd give it a 7. JT/Lovetown, 8-8.5, maybe a couple of the best are 9. ZooTV is 10, hell it's a 15 or a 20. Popmart is an 8. Elevation is a 9. Vertigo is a 6 or a 7.

Let's say 9, to reflect how awesome the ZooTV performances were, while still recognising that it hasn't been perfect.

Studio - 9
Live - 10, at least. Even some Vertigo versions were amazing.

You have to check out the Toronto version on the Vertigo tour. I think he forgot to turn down the overdrive or distortion. Because he played it Vertigo-style, but with the ZOOTV like effects. When I heard him start it up I started freaking because I knew it was going to be different. Crazy amazing.

A good song, but probably one of U2's most overrated tracks. It's awesome live, but definitely needed a break this time around.

ZooTV version deserves a 40, but the studio is about an 8.5, and that's what I tend to go by. I went with an 8 overall.

Love Bullet, hate what they did to it on Vertigo...gave it a 10.

I've never heard Bono top his fucking badass vocal delivery from the studio version in a live setting...then again I don't listen to countless bootlegs or study live performances like some of you future-psych-ward-inmate nut jobs so, yeah. But, man, that studio vocal is killer. Just awesome.

And the first 45 seconds or so leading up to Bono's first line are pretty classic.

I'll give it a 9.

7. I like the song and all, but I never really dug Bono's rap or whatever that is, even in the crazy ass Zoo versions which are just INSANE. But I don't think it exactly helps the song none, and the only times it really rocks my world are is in the Zoo solo, which you may recall as the aforementioned insane version.

I've never heard Bono top his fucking badass vocal delivery from the studio version in a live setting...then again I don't listen to countless bootlegs or study live performances like some of you future-psych-ward-inmate nut jobs so, yeah. But, man, that studio vocal is killer. Just awesome.
Probably would have phrased it slightly differently but I agree.

Back
Top Bottom