Rate the Song: No Line on the Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NLOTH

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
9. It's my favorite song on the album. Great way to start it off. In my opinion it should have been the opening song on 360... if done properly, at least.

My only 10 for this album. It's a studio classic for U2 as far as I'm concerned, and live it fucking soared. Crying shame they dropped it so soon. I want it back!

A very very promising start to the album!

Great imagery, great lyrics. Bono's best vocal for an incredibly long time! Lovely keyboards, great work from Edge too. Very bouncy and really gets the album off to a great start, if only they had stuck to these themes more throughout the record.
The only thing that's a negative for me is the chorus, doesn't fit the rest of the song, like it was copy and pasted in at the end in order to have the title of the album in the song.
Other than that a great effort!

I would give this song a 10, but I bump it down to a 9 for the only thing in the p4k review of NLOTH I agreed with - it has a "deflating fart of a chorus". I'm not much for scatological humour, but after the energy of the awesome verses, "no, no line on the horizon, no, no line" with less energetic music just doesn't cut it and that's a big disappointment.

An even bigger disappointment, a fucking travesty in fact, was that they dropped this live. Would have been a great opener, and it was such a bummer to have to sit through Elevation when they could have been playing this instead.

Sounds fucking great through headphones.

It got even more irritating when they started transitioning Return of the Stingray Guitar into Beautiful Day instead of something that actually rocked. What a waste all around.

I forgot they dropped this one live. Bad call. I'm happy I was able to hear it twice...though I did miss the AB tracks that came on the later part of the tour.

I was hoping they'd continue to play this song in the future, but now I kind of doubt it. Wonder what the NLOTH track most likely to survive to the next tour will be. I'm sad to say, I'd be surprised if they played more than one.

You almost want to forgive U2 for GOYB when you get this album and hear this song for the first time :drool:

i mean, i DON'T forgive them but this is a fantastic song. perfect opener to the album - gutted they'd dropped it by the time I saw them live two years later

I was hoping they'd continue to play this song in the future, but now I kind of doubt it. Wonder what the NLOTH track most likely to survive to the next tour will be. I'm sad to say, I'd be surprised if they played more than one.
Magnificent probably and maybe Boots.

Stunning

I mean look at that, when that second verse hits:drool:

Bono is also—holy crap—using his guitar to add something to the song (plus he has a far better haircut than Vertigo). Seriously, the band is in top form here, if they had any common sense it would be the one song from this album to return for the next tour. That's not too much to ask is it? Is it!?

if they had any common sense it would be the one song from this album to return for the next tour. That's not too much to ask is it? Is it!?
Considering how the title track from the album they are touring didn't make it past the second leg of the tour, I'd say that it might be too much to ask, sadly. I'm thinking that the No Line song to return next tour pertains to footwear.

But lawdy lawd, it would be a lovely thing No Line did return for next tour...

Well I will give them some leniency, because they didn't call it the 'No Line' tour, instead the '360' tour. Imagine if they had named it the former? :lol:

Alas, one can hope for the next tour that U2 doesn't pull a 'Pop'ed with 'No Line on The Horizon'. It deserves better.

Well I will give them some leniency, because they didn't call it the 'No Line' tour, instead the '360' tour. Imagine if they had named it the former? :lol:

Alas, one can hope for the next tour that U2 doesn't pull a 'Pop'ed with 'No Line on The Horizon'. It deserves better.

Ha! I can see it now...a slowed down, acoustic GOYB with just Bono and Edge. :lol: Bono can tell the story about how it was the last song Amy Winehouse Whitney Houston heard before she died.

Still pissed that they dropped it live, still happy I got to see and hear it several times early during the tour. GREAT album opener, great live song. :up:

The way Bono sings "the siren's wailing but its me that wants to get away" along with the music in the background just encompasses the U2 sound, to me. My own addition to the song would be to add Bono's low distorted fly voice as a double backing vocal. Always thought that would be a cool addition in parts as a nod to Achtung Baby. After I heard that part of the song I thought - these bastards did it. They made their best album yet. Then the rest of the album came :doh: 10.

I cannot stand this song. Bono knows a girl who's like the sea, and he watches her changing every day? Too much information. Pervert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom