Rate The Song: Mothers of the Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MOTD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Unfortunately, I have to post today's polls a bit early - I'm about to go out of town. So today, we move on to the second half of The Joshua Tree.

Please rate Mothers of the Disappeared on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

6. My feeling is that while this song is very beautiful in parts, it rambles a bit and doesn't need to be half as long as it is.

Probably one of U2's best album closers, in my opinion. Love it. Kinda wish they played it more often on U2360, but it's beautiful. Giving it an 8.

Haunting and beautiful. The studio version arrangement is one of their finest in studio. 9.

Stunning album closer,(something U2 are usually verey very good at!)
Melancholic( I like a bit of melancholy, probably because I'm from western ireland!)but full to the brim of dignity, the dignity of these mothers. The lyrics are subtle and more effectve because of it, "night hangs liek a prisoner, stretched over black and blue" is one of Bono's finest.
"In the trees our sons stand naked, through the walls our daughters cry" Wow...

pretty good song. I'd give it a 7. Sometimes I think it might have been better though without the second guitar part - that very industrail sounding, grinding guitar overlaid on the rest of the song just doesn't seem to fit.

It's a beautiful song, but like most of The Joshua Tree - much, much better live. 8 for the studio, 9 for the live version (not including the half-assed Vertigo/360 versions).

Back
Top Bottom