Rate the Song: Miss Sarajevo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miss Sarajevo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Let's move on forward to rating the first half of Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1.

Please rate Miss Sarajevo on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

beautiful beautiful song. Very subtle, which is incredible for a song with Pavarotti blasting through a 3rd of it! Great orchestration, lovely beat, this song is very feminine, as it should be but unusually for U2.
I love it.

Another beautiful track. I'm not a big fan of opera but I can handle it on this song. Bono singing that part was one of the highlights of 360 for me.

Probably have heard it more than I've ever wanted to in a live setting, but it is a good song. On the Vertigo tour when Bono did the long notes on Pavarotti's part, the whole crowd applauded out of the fact he pretty much did them justice!

since i'm just ranking this on studio versions, overall i think it's a seven (i think the song's more than a bit overrated actually) but pavarotti's bit pushes it up to eight.

I think this song has somehow become underrated. If we got Your Blue Room every show for two tours straight it would drop too.

My favorite track on Passengers - very happy I got to see this live last summer. Pavarotti's amazing opera part adds to it significantly. Just beautiful. 9.

Dici che il fiume
trova la via al mare
E come il fiume
giungerai a me
Oltre i confini
e le terre assetate
Dici che come fiume
come fiume
L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare

You say that the river
finds the way to the sea
And as the river
you'll come to me
Beyond the borders
and the thirsty lands
You say that as river
As river
Love will come
Love
And I cannot pray anymore
And I cannot hope in love anymore
And I cannot wait for love anymore

Beautiful. It just doesn't seem to fit in on this album because of coherent lyrics and Pavarotti's beautiful operatic moment, and I'm sure if it hadn't been placed on the Best Of 1990-2000, it wouldn't be well known and people would have no idea where it come from. It gets a 9 from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom