Rate the Song: Lady with the Spinning Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LWTSH

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
We're really moving along! Today, let's begin voting on 90s non-album tracks. The following tracks shall be included:

Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
Lady with the Spinning Head
Salomé
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Slow Dancing
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Viva Davidoff
Holy Joe
North and South of the River
I'm Not Your Baby
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Sweetest Thing (new version)
Blow Your House Down
Heaven And Hell
Oh Berlin
Near The Island
Down All The Days
Everybody Loves A Winner

This round will have the first six songs, Alex Descends through Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.

Please rate Lady with the Spinning Head on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. NOTE: PLEASE VOTE ON WHATEVER VERSION OF THIS SONG YOU WANT TO, INCLUDING THE EXTENDED DANCE MIX IF YOU SO CHOOSE. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Such a crying shame this was not on the album. This song's the sex! Even just the original, I mean if we're talking extended dance, then I want my 11 button!

But the original already, fuckin' love it. The guitar parts especially, and the echo-y vocals. And it's amazing to see how this song spawned so many album songs, without seeming to be a lame ripoff.

I could listen to this song on an infinite loop. Either version. Man, I just put it up again. So much win in 4 minutes. :love:

Fan-fuckin-tastic.

Regular, non-remixed LWTSH: 10
Extended Dance Remix: is there even a number to rate this?? :drool:

The arrangement on this (both remix and non-remix) is brilliant. I pretty much would say what GG said. This is a great song. But the Extended Dance Remix is out of this world. Especially that haunting break down toward the end with the strings. Everytime I listen to it my jaw just hits the floor. I had it (Extended Dance) played at my birthday party two years ago (even made a thread requesting songs on here and someone pitched that in) and people stopped just to listen. These were all 13, 14, 15, 16, you get the idea, year old kids who're into rap/pop and they were amazed at the music. Shows how awesome it is.

I had it (Extended Dance) played at my birthday party two years ago (even made a thread requesting songs on here and someone pitched that in) and people stopped just to listen. These were all 13, 14, 15, 16, you get the idea, year old kids who're into rap/pop and they were amazed at the music. Shows how awesome it is.

I was throwing a birthday party for myself awhile back, and I was debating what U2 song(s) to throw on there for people to listen to. None made it in the end, but I'm sort of mad now that I know I should've thrown this one on there!

Great song in any form. Maybe my favorite b-side ever. 10.

Very unlucky not to make the album, but I guess it was just too similar to other songs already on it.
Great great song and I think I'm one of the few to prefer the original to the remix.

One of the more notable *way-overrated-by-regulars-on-Interference* tracks (see also, 'Acrobat', 'Zooropa', etc.). It's a fine track, but obviously not up to the more developed songs on the LP. Also sounds very dated, and not in a good way.

i like it. Sometimes I think I don't like it that much because I tell myself "well, it's pretty much just The Fly." But then I remember that it's not really the Fly, and if it is the Fly, it's a happy, sexy, fun Fly with more 6-and-9-ing and less cannibals and thieves.

It's good times.

10. 10. 10. 10. 10.

The original is fantastic, but the "dance" mix (it's not a dance track!!!) is amazingly fantastic. Just take the solo from the original and drop it into the "dance" mix, and you've got pure eargasm. Has someone tried that? :hmm:

I really don't care if it's similar to Ultraviolet and The Fly. I would rank The Fly higher than this and Ultraviolet (slightly) lower. This song takes the greatness of both and mixes it into fantasticness.

We "interference regulars" love these tracks and if you think they're overrated then that's your own opinion. Doesn't necessarily make it right. All of these 90s tracks are a gagillion times better than anything on mainstream radio anyway.

I think a lot of the people who voted a 10 have great taste. :wink:

The Panther said:
One of the more notable *way-overrated-by-regulars-on-Interference* tracks (see also, 'Acrobat', 'Zooropa', etc.). It's a fine track, but obviously not up to the more developed songs on the LP. Also sounds very dated, and not in a good way.

Just because the majority of people here like the song more than you doesn't mean the song if overrated. It just means you're special.

i give it a 5 personally... it doesn't really do anything for me...

I would not have added anything to AB (other than tainting The Fly with comparisons, and easily, easily being the weakest song on a masterpiece album). Great B side though. 7

Yeah, i feel so dumb now, I didn't know how crap this song was, thank God someone told me.
I didn't say you had to change your mind.
I didn't say it was crap.
I quite like the song.

Now, if you're over this challenging thing I've put you through, then wash the feces out of your shorts, put a smile on your face, and you'll be good to go back to your life on the Internet.

Doesn't almost every 90's-era U2 song (especially if it wasn't a single) fall into this category? :lol:

Says the guy who couldn't have been less objective about the shitty moments of TUF.

Oh, wait, this entire process is subjective?? Well, shit, I guess nothing can be over or underrated then. Good to know!

9 for LWTSH. It's an extremely good time.

I didn't say you had to change your mind.
I didn't say it was crap.
I quite like the song.

Now, if you're over this challenging thing I've put you through, then wash the feces out of your shorts, put a smile on your face, and you'll be good to go back to your life on the Internet.

Firstly I was joking you miserable dickhead.

Secondly i wasn't even talking about you in particular. In the past I've agreed with your comments and stuck up for you but now I can see why you're so universally disliked you arrogant wanker.

One of my favorite non-album songs from this era. Love it badly. I also love the Extended Dance Mix, though the original version slightly eclipses the mix. Great song, love how it later lead to The Fly and Ultraviolet.

Great stuff. 9.

Back
Top Bottom