Rate The Song: Is That All?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is That All?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
I am so sorry about skipping putting polls out two days ago. Some major personal stuff came up. Anyway, let's continue ranking October today.

Please rate Is That All? on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Also, Interference ranks Boy as follows:
1) The Electric Co.
2) Out Of Control
3) I Will Follow
4) An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
5) A Day Without Me
6) Shadows And Tall Trees
7) Another Time, Another Place
8) Twilight
9) Stories For Boys
10) The Ocean

Well, this "song" is just a nicely recorded rehearsal. Some good Edge guitar stuff which was later used to introduce "The Electric Co.", so it's not completely disposable. But a very forgettable fire.

Not a great song, but underrated and definitely NOT the worst song on October. This song gets a bad rap for 2 reasons;

1. It's placing on the album. The album reaches a nice, natural, peaceful ending with Scarlet, but then BAM this average song slides in at the last minute and gets the awkward final word. Then again, I don't think that they were too concerned about tracklisting in general on the earlier albums.

2. The fact that "The Cry", which is now famously the intro to superior song "electric co", was used as the intro to this song. My guess is that they were having trouble completing the song ITA?, and they were in a time pinch, so they just stuck this riff onto the beginning to fatten it up a bit.

I guess I'm one of the few here that likes Is That All?. Great energy from start to finish, but the lyrics are crap, and it's clearly not one of their best. Giving it a 7.

I give this song an 8. Seriously. Perfectly encapsulates the frustration that was the recording process for October - lyrics made up on the mic, guitar taken from another song they were fiddling with, etc. A song like this would never make it on to an album these days, and I think it's a thrilling insight. The chorus is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom