Rate the Song: In a Little While

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*ducks and covers*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a 'strange love' for this song, though I am extremely happy that I did not get to hear it live on U2360, and that it was dropped. Total mood killer live.

Other than that, beautiful song, very calm and dreamy as well. 7.

A little too saccharine, listening to it too often makes your teeth rot. Bono's vocal delivery is a little grating, he doesn't do blue-eyed soul that well in this particular instance.
This opinion really surprises me, as I consider his vocal here to be one of his 5 or 10 best ever, and far and away the best delivery on this record.

I think this is an utterly brilliant song, and I'm tempted to give it a 10, but I guess I'll settle for 9 as the song is fairly modest. It's like a standard waiting to happen. I could easily imagine people in bands and jazz vocalists singing this song 100 years from now, like they do 'Autumn in New York' or 'Yesterday'.

Also one of Edge's best-ever guitar riffs. Thrilling stuff.

Always loved this song. Gets a 9 from me. It was boring live, and I'll never forgive the band for playing this and not Zooropa when I paid in excess of $250 to see them three times, but that doesn't take away from the album version.

(By the way, is it just me, or is it fucking stupid to hate a song because it was played at a lot of concerts you did not attend?)

And giving Please a low score is like spitting on the graves of everyone who died in The Troubles.

:)

Not as cool as the "Miles Davis listening to The Unforgettable Fire album repeatedly while dying of cancer" story.

What???

3. Take THAT, Joey Ramone!

Oh wait, I don't mean that at all.

edit: I should probably add that this decision wasn't made because of concerts that I didn't go to, I just don't like things.

I won't give any 0, but this one comes close. As does Stuck, Peace on Earth, Wild Honey and Grace.

Wait... They all have on thing in common... They're all from the same album! :hmm:

Great vocals, great riff, love the lyrics. I remember when ATYCLB came out, I thought it'd be a perfect single and still think it would have been great. I just remember pretty much all of my non-U2 friends seemed to love the "song that has something about a rocketship."

(By the way, is it just me, or is it fucking stupid to hate a song because it was played at a lot of concerts you did not attend?)

It was played at nearly every gig I attended on the 360 tour. :grumpy:

inb4don'tgotosomanyshowsthen

Either way, it ruined the song for me. Can't stand it anymore. Not even the studio version.

I imagine if In A Little While had been left off the album with Summer Rain in it's place people would have really liked it as an underappreciated little b-side with a great riff since it won't have been completely saturated on tour. :huh: wouldn't want them ruining Summer Rain in the same way though :doh:

I love this tune. Different, and beautifully sung.

I can happily have it on repeat.

Back
Top Bottom