Rate the Song: I'm Not Your Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Not Your Baby

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Let's continue today with the second round of voting on 90s non-album songs. The whole list is:

Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
Lady with the Spinning Head
Salomé
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Slow Dancing
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Viva Davidoff
Holy Joe
North and South of the River
I'm Not Your Baby
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Sweetest Thing (new version)
Blow Your House Down
Heaven And Hell
Oh Berlin
Near The Island
Down All The Days
Everybody Loves A Winner

This round will have the second set of six songs, Viva Davidoff through the new version of Sweetest Thing.

Please rate I'm Not Your Baby on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Well here's another chance to hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW03qObOR0c

Like with NASOTR, I think this is better than several tracks on Pop. It's super sleek and cool and I really love Larry's work and the "shrieks" in the background. There's a really evocative groove going on here. It's another one of Bono's "list" lyrics and not every line is perfect but some of them are great.

The big story here is bringing in Sinead O'Connor for a duet, and I just love hearing her with the band's music. She's also a great foil for Bono's sultry vulnerability here.

I'm a Sinead fan and always hoped she'd record some stuff with U2, like Bono, she has a unique, sublime voice and would bring a hard edge to the U2 sound.
I think they could do better than this though, although I do like it.

Wow, I really seem to like this one. Great, rocking tune - and Sinead's vocals blend well in the song as a whole. 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom