Rate The Song: I Threw A Brick Through A Window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate The Song: I Threw A Brick Through A Window

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Today, we shall begin rating the first half of October.

Please rate I Threw A Brick Through A Window on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Also, if you have yet to do so, please vote in the still-opened polls for The Ocean, A Day Without Me, Another Time, Another Place, The Electric Co., and Shadows And Tall Trees.

Polls for Gloria, I Fall Down, Rejoice, and Fire are now open as well.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours. Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate it; I hope you have a fantastic holiday.

For me, October starts to go downhill with this one. My least favorite on October - lyrics are crap, the song title is hilarious, but I like the random drumming and the guitar riff throughout the song. Giving it a 4.

It's all about the drums and riff. The bridge doesn't quite work, and some of the lyrics are weak, but the song just about works by sheer force of will. 7.

It's all about the drums and riff. The bridge doesn't quite work, and some of the lyrics are weak, but the song just about works by sheer force of will. 7.
I agree with you completely, Elvis. (They really should re-name this "I Threw a Drumstick Through a Window", since the drums really rock, but I have no idea what Bono is going on about.)

Not much to say about this one. I agree with Biker, It's humorous with it's title, and the drumming is about the only thing that makes the song.

I give it a 4.

Same as it's "brother from another mother" day without me, this song is far superior live, but it's still a titanic song, one of Larry's finest moments and one of Edge's greatest riffs up to that point, dark and apocolyptic it foreshadows one of my favourite U2 songs ever, A Celebration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom