Rate the Song: Hawkmoon 269

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawkmoon 269

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
And now we shall rate the first half of Rattle and Hum.

Please rate Hawkmoon 269 on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

9, 10 live for the addition of Edge's slide guitar.

This is a really moody, sweaty and sexual song that lyrically sees them going towards some Achtung Baby-ish themes, and I like its insistence and force. Maybe a hair long.

Still don't think I've heard the live version. I shall rectify that shortly.

Studio version is a 8 for me. Seems to have a bit of a smirk, a swagger, that they explored further on Achtung, as LM said.

The live version would get an instant 10. Edge's slide guitar changes the song incredibly, one of my favourite live U2 moments.
Studio version is a bit muddy and rambling but it still has a kick to it, great lyrics again.

My second-favorite song on Rattle & Hum. Giving it a 7. Great song, but live version is so much better.

8 for the studio version, and the most 10-like 9 possible for the live version.

Studio version an 8, live a perfect 10. It's a little too long and monotonous on the studio version but the shorter, faster and more varied (this mostly because of the beautiful slide intro that just blends perfectly with the rest of the song) live version is as close as you can possibly get to perfect. Overall a solid 9.

It's the November 18th 1989 show, which is IMO the best Lovetown bootleg and one of my favourite U2 concerts in general.

Very meh on the album version, gave it a 7, but man, that live version is awesome. Yet, they only played it 7 times on the Lovetown tour out of 40+ shows!

There's also a rather lengthy snippet of it in Desire during one of the Elevation shows. Several verses sung. Bono's voice is very poor, as it was for most of the Elevation tour.

Back
Top Bottom