Rate the Song: Grace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Let's move onto voting for the second half of All That You Can't Leave Behind today.

Please rate Grace on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

I can see why people go either way on this one, but Bono's singing does make the song here. A track I could fall asleep too (in a good way). I give it a 7, but could go one lower depending on my mood.

This and Peace on Earth are probably the 2 worst U2 songs. They are on the bottom 5 for sure.

I certainly don't hate this song, very very pretty and nice lyrics but ultimately quite forgettable.
On my UK copy of the CD, it is the penultimate song, followed by TGBHF, a very strong double header of an ending and that's how I prefer to think of it, because as an actual album closer it isn't really strong enough, especially when compared to WUDM, MOTD, AIWIY and The Wanderer etc. A hell of a lot better than Yahweh though.

This and Peace on Earth are probably the 2 worst U2 songs. They are on the bottom 5 for sure.

Most certainly.

"Grace, it's a name for a girl, it's also a thought that changed the world."

Boner deserves a prison sentence for that lyric alone.

An Cat Gav said:
I can see where you're coming from, but my worst two are on their way on the next album! :wink:

Crumbs is another bottom 5 for me. And perhaps another one from the same album (not hard to figure out which one).

I like the gentle sparseness of the music, but I don't care for the lyrics or the vocal delivery at all.

Crap on a stick. It barely qualifies as a song. I like some of the background sounds though (or is that the song itself?). 4

i don't hate this song. it has some enjoyable guitar playing and atmosphere, but it just makes me wonder if the band said, "We have lots of hits here, so if we throw in a clunker or two, will anyone really notice?"

One of U2's worst songs ever, and it's one of two songs on ATYCLB that I don't have on my iPod. :wink: The only positive thing about Grace is the mellow atmosphere it creates. But otherwise, it's just crap. 4.

Again, I like Edge's guitar here. And it's actually pretty fun to play on guitar, too, if you can get something that closely resembles the tone he used on this track.

Other than that....ehhh.

This might be Bono's worst album.

Back
Top Bottom