Rate the Song: Dirty Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirty Day

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
And now for the second half of Zooropa!

Please rate Dirty Day on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Dark, spiteful song that really came to life during ZooTV. Lyrically and musically its excellent, but the way it was recorded on the album is just so flat, almost like the mixing was just never finished. Still I give it a 9 based on the Syndey version.

Studio version is really insipid, lacks steel. But they rectified that with a storming live performance. Live, 9. Album, 6.5.

Live version was certainly a revelation, big improvement on the studio cut, not often i say that.
Contains one of Bono's greatest lyrics (IMO):
"I'm in you, more so when they put me in the ground..."

Love it. A standout on Zooropa. The ZOOTV live versions were great as well. Gets a 9 from me.

Although the live version is wonderful, this is yet another studio Zooropa track that took its length to grow on me. But man, it's worth it. To me, the production absolutely plays in it's favour - it's not one-hundo-ten percent super perfect like what they'd cut out on a modern album, it's flawed and tense and foggy like no other song of theirs is. And the chorus, man, the chorus - it implodes in such a way that it absolutely demands your attention. Also, the lyrics are ace. Yet another 10 for me.

Back
Top Bottom