Rate the Song: Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DADDY'S GONNA PAY!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
And now for the second half of Zooropa!

Please rate Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

Great opening section, very different in nearly every respect for U2. Not the most memorable U2 song ever, but that doesn't always matter, it serves a purpose on this incredible album

Daddy's Gonna Pay has grown on me significantly. Great tune, one of my favorites on Zooropa, but as An Cat Gav said, not a memorable song. Still gets an 8 from me.

For me the drums are the best thing about this song. Its got some clever lyrics, and it was fun and funky on those later ZooTV shows, but so very specific to that part of the tour and whole Zoo era. Wouldn't want to see them revisit it today. Giving it a 7.

This is maybe the one song I would play for people who think U2 are safe and boring. Arguably the strangest track they've ever released, from the sound to the lyrics.

I don't know why everyone has to judge these Zooropa tracks on what kind of "songs" they are. This album isn't about traditional songwriting, it's about pushing the envelope and trying anything. And this one is full of interesting touches and surprises.

My least favourite track on the album, although the live version is a mad buncha fun. Lyrics are the best bit. More lovely sonic exploration. 7.

McGuinne$$ was later seen trying to grab money off people in the carpark.

McGuinness won't let U2 shoot money out of cannons anymore because he's lost too much through illegal PJ Harvey downloads.

Back
Top Bottom