Rate the Song: Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADIHFABOM/K1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
We're really moving along! Today, let's begin voting on 90s non-album tracks. The following tracks shall be included:

Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
Lady with the Spinning Head
Salomé
Where Did It All Go Wrong?
Slow Dancing
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Viva Davidoff
Holy Joe
North and South of the River
I'm Not Your Baby
Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
Sweetest Thing (new version)
Blow Your House Down
Heaven And Hell
Oh Berlin
Near The Island
Down All The Days
Everybody Loves A Winner

This round will have the first six songs, Alex Descends through Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me.

Please rate Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1 on a scale from 0 to 10, using whatever criteria you feel allows you to best evaluate the song as a whole. I will not set criteria for people to based on, but if you feel like your best evaluation of the merits of a song comes from voting only based on, say, the studio version, go right ahead and vote that way. Full information on the Rate The Song series may be found in this thread.

Have fun! This poll will close in 96 hours.

The intro reminds me of Beautiful Day oddly enough. Then the Irish singing kicks in, and it reminds me of the intro they used on the '09 360 tour.

The song takes a long time to truly kick in, but it's lovely how the intro builds up layer by layer. Then at 2 minutes it's like a whole new song starts. Rockin' intro. Definitely inspired by early 90s electronica there.

I wish I could have heard the rest of the clockwork orange soundtrack, if it sounded anything as good as this it would have been incredible, I'm guessing though that it didn't...
Scary and dark this song really captures a fearful mood, and when that awesome beat kicks in the effect is orgasmic! Jouissance!

Really cool psychedelic intro, love the strumming in the first two minutes of the song. Not a fan of the high-pitched vocals, but love the rest of the song. Not a big fan of the high-pitched vocals or the ending. 8.

Back
Top Bottom