Rate the Electrical Storm.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Electrical Storm.

• 10 - A perfect U2 song.

Votes: 13 6.3%

Votes: 23 11.2%

Votes: 74 36.1%

Votes: 39 19.0%

Votes: 31 15.1%

Votes: 15 7.3%

Votes: 4 2.0%

Votes: 6 2.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1. - Bad. Not like the great song, Bad. Just bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
martha said:

He said that about the last album, too. That Bono.

I relistened. I'll raise my rating from a 4 to a 5.25. It's still not that great.
I read pretty much everything Bono said about ATYCLB long before it was released, and never did I hear him describe it as "punkish". He described it as many things -- from "pushing out the boarders of embarrassment," and being very "uncool," to being about "4 people playing in a room," and "every song sounding like a single," and making "beautiful soul music" -- but I never once heard him say they were making punk rock with ATYCLB. If you can provide a source to back it up, I'd be interested.:)

I think many people interpreted Bono's comments the wrong way (myself included), and thought he meant it was an "old-school rock" album when it was really about U2 doing what comes naturally to them. However, if one was to re-read everything that was said about ATYCLB prior to release (knowing what we know now), it was actually very consistent to how the album turned out. Guess it was us, not U2, who had it wrong. Just something to consider.:)

Michael Griffiths said:

I think many people interpreted Bono's comments the wrong way (myself included), and thought he meant it was an "old-school rock" album

That's what I was referring to. He also kept rambling on about U2 and their "punk rock roots." I remember on that CNN show, he claimed that Elevation had a hip-hop thing going on. I think he gets all excited about new projects and can't stop babbling about them. When Bono starts talking about the new records, only he really knows what he means. :wink:

I just downloaded the "single" mix...very impressed...I really like the way the intro comes in...better than the "demo". What blew me away were the vocals...Bono's sounding strong, the band certainly is on a roll. I agree with an earlier post, it should sound fantastic live...but I really dig this recorded version.

Back
Top Bottom