'Rare' U2 track with new Q magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

A new edition of Q magazine is out. This is not the U2 edition (#196), but the Q Awards edition (#197, with Thom Yorke, Chris Martin and the singer from The Hives on the front cover and an advertisement for U2: The Best Of 1990-2000 on the back). This issue has a review of TBO1990-2000 (4 stars out of 5). More importantly, perhaps, it comes with a CD The Best Tracks From The Best Albums From 2002 (as it does every year). Each year, only 1 track from a compilation is featured on the CD and this year it is U2.

However, the featured track is not to be found on TBO1990-2000. It is Lemon (The Perfecto Remix). This track is semi-rare (as it was also on the 'Swing' format of the Stay single and on Melon), but many of you may not have it yet. So if you want to have that song, you know where to look for. Issue 197 of Q magazine.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. In general, the end-of-year compilation of Q is very good as they can get very good tracks and sometimes even a few hits on the album. Past personal highlights include 1999 and especially 2000 (with an exclusive remix of U2's Beautiful Day, Johnny Cash's cover of One and Coldplay's Yellow). I have yet to hear this CD though...

Thanks for the heads up! This version was not on the Canadian Stay single and I very much want it. I'll have to wait about a month before it hits the shelf over here though.

Back
Top Bottom