Rank the Best of new songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Window In The Skies
2. Electrical Storm (It would probably be my #1 if it weren't for the 'heavy as a truck' part)
3. The Hands That Built America
4. Sweetest Thing
5. The Saints Are Coming

1. Window in the Skies
2. Electrical Storm
3. Sweetest Thing
4. Hands Tha Built America
5. The Saints Are Coming

I would say:

1. Electrical Storm (the band version is superior but still the Orbit mix is ok)
2. The Hands That Built America
3. Sweetest Thing
4. The Saints Are Coming

What did you say?
I forgot a song?
Which one would that be?
:eyebrow:

Oooh right, I almost forgot about that one:
Window in the skies

1. Electrical Storm
2. Window In The Skies
3. Sweetest Thing
4. The Hands That Built America
5. The Saints Are Coming

I actually like Saints more than Hands ( :shudder: ) but since Saints is not an "original" U2 song it loses points...

Zootlesque said:

Yeah I agree. Electrical Storm and Sweetest Thing are the only halfway decent ones out of the lot I think.

People like to knock Sweetest Thing. I don't know why. It's just a fun pop song, it's not pretending to be anything else. It's not pretending to be punk rock on Venus or anything like that.

5. The Hands That Bored America

:lmao:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'll pay him 5 bucks to listen to The Unforgettable Fire album in its entirety again.

:lmao:

I'll chip in $10 to the cause.

Sweetest Thing isn't/wasn't new, it doesn't belong on the list...actually neither does Saints (a cover) I suppose, but at least it was new to U2.

1. Electrical Storm
2. Saints
3. WITS
4. Hands (which just blows, frankly...and then Bono neuters Bullet with that dirge of a snippet on top of it...ugh)

Aren't there a number of newer songs than Electrical Storm and Sweetest Thing? But if you insist:

1) Saints
tie for 5th: all the rest. You managed to pick four that I usually skip over.

Eee--lec-tri-cal STORM is one of the hardest phrases to sing. Hard syllables in a minor key covering an octave to boot. Ugh.

1. Electrical Storm
2. Sweetest Thing
3. Hands That Built America
4. Window in the Skies
5. The Saints are Coming

gman said:
I think its safe to say thus far, Saints is deservedly in last place............fekin good enuff for ya, ya third rate peice of shit song!

no Hands that built America built does :tsk:

:down:

1. Window In The Skies
2. Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)
3. Sweetest Thing
4. Hands that Build America
5. The Saints Are Coming

I haven't even heard The Hands That Built America yet, but I'm already pretty sure it's better than Saints :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

People like to knock Sweetest Thing. I don't know why. It's just a fun pop song, it's not pretending to be anything else. It's not pretending to be punk rock on Venus or anything like that.

True.

To be fair, that much repeated and viled quote wasn't referring to the 2004 Vertigo. The quote was made in 2003, and is (can't remember which) either about Native Son or Full metal jacket.

Window In The Skies
The Saints Are Coming
The Hands That Built America
Electrical Storm
Sweetest Thing

I haven't listened to ES for a while, but I will do to try to understand what people like in it ...
:scratch:

I hear Sweetest Thing in the strangest places - Home Depot, random restaurants, etc. It always sounds good - just a simple pop song that keeps its ambition in check.

Okay I listened to Hands after ages and... I think I may bump it above Saints. At least it has some nice lyrics. Saints is just meh...

Back
Top Bottom