Rank the 5 Pop videos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
I don't include Mofo or Gone because they are simply live performances. So the five are:

Discotheque
Staring At The Sun
Last Night On Earth
Please
If God Will Send His Angels

Rank from best to worst.

My ranking:
1. If God Will Send His Angels (I don't know why I like this so much)
2. Discotheque (funny!)
3. Last Night On Earth (kind of a cool idea)
4. Please (somewhat boring video, but a good message)
5. Staring At The Sun (doesn't hold my interest at all)

This List May Change...But As Of Right Now...

1. "Discotheque"
  2. "Staring at the Sun"
  3. "Last Night on Earth
  4. "Please"
  5. "If God Will Send His Angels"
    [/list=1]

Hmmm...

1. Discotheque (this video is just hilarious)
2. Please (kinda creepy in a way, but it's cool, and it was certainly different from a lot of the videos that were coming out around the time it came out)
3. Staring At The Sun (I like the lighting, and it's just an odd video-odd in a cool way)
4. If God Will Send His Angels (not a whole lot happens in this video, which is why it's a little lower, but I do like the whole thing with people coming in and out of the seats at the diner and all that)
5. Last Night On Earth (pretty much the only reason this is here is 'cause I've never seen this video)

Angela

1) Please (cool video)

2)If God Will Send his Angels (I thought this was somewhat original)

3)Discotheque (kinda funny)

4)Staring at the Sun (this song could have had a much stronger video...maybe with a small storyline or something)

5) Last Night on Earth (reminded me of the Beastie Boys video for some reason)

since I've only seen two of them..............

1st place goes to DISCOTHEQUE'.
Obviously I would pick that :D
<-----------------------

2nd and last goes to IGWSHA.

1. Discotheque...cracks me up every time
2. Last Night on Earth...I'll watch Edge steal a convertable anytime
3. If God Will Send His Angels...cool story
4. Please...creepy, deep; LOVE when Bono starts crying...
5. Staring at the Sun...Cool lights, but a little boring. I like Morleigh's version better.

Moonlit_Angel said:

Crying? I don't remember that...when was that?

During the "And love is hard and love is tough..." part. There are no tears, but you can really tell he's trying to fight it back.

Morleigh's version?

Angela

On the DVD. The one quoted to Steinberg. It's basically the band just horsing around a lot. I love when Bono walks into the moon room, that weird walk he does. :) And the hat. Love the hat, and espectially the look on his face right as he's running past the camera after doing it. :D

Originally posted by Dave C
During the "And love is hard and love is tough..." part. There are no tears, but you can really tell he's trying to fight it back.

Oh, okay. What was the cause for his almost crying in the first place?

Originally posted by Dave C
On the DVD. The one quoted to Steinberg. It's basically the band just horsing around a lot. I love when Bono walks into the moon room, that weird walk he does. :) And the hat. Love the hat, and espectially the look on his face right as he's running past the camera after doing it. :D

Ah, I see.

Angela

I haven't seen all the videos yet....:shifty:.....but I'd say

Discoth?que AND Staring both number one
If God Will...

ABout the others......:der:

This is easy

Discotheque (by miles)
Please (good)
Staring at the Sun (the light one)
If God Will Send His Angels
Last Night On Earth (the version on the DVD is not the same as the one which was here in Europe. that one had subtitles on it linking each passage of the video story, and was without doubt the worst U2 video by some way)

bullet the blue sky said:
Last Night On Earth (the version on the DVD is not the same as the one which was here in Europe. that one had subtitles on it linking each passage of the video story, and was without doubt the worst U2 video by some way)
that's the same one they played here, too. at the beginning it said "four hard men" and everything. i got it on tape when it premiered, that was the only time i saw it.

come to think of it, the only time i ever saw ANY U2 pop video on television was its premiere! :sad:

KhanadaRhodes said:

that's the same one they played here, too. at the beginning it said "four hard men" and everything. i got it on tape when it premiered, that was the only time i saw it.

come to think of it, the only time i ever saw ANY U2 pop video on television was its premiere! :sad:

I have that one on tape too! I like the part where the subtitles say, "Escape was their only thought...except for this girl."

I thought Discotheque was great fun
I likes the Please video

the rest I'd rather not even think about
about as bad as the Elevation video

1. Please (absolutely loved it)
2. SATS (beautiful)
3. Discotheque
4. Angels
5. LNOE (totally don't get this video) :der:

please
sats
igwsha
discotheque... even though this video baisicly ruined any chance of pop being succesful as an album... i still rank it over the worst video ever made... the video bono was talking about when he said "we've made some very dodgy videos with some very dodgy hair cuts" on the mtv thing a while back...
last night on earth

1. Please (it's brilliant and powerful)

And the rest are really all tied. I like 'em all about equally, depending on my mood.

Discotheque (hilarious)
Staring at the Sun :)drool:)
Please (so emotional)
Last Night on Earth (bizarre in an amusing way)
If God Will Send His Angels (bores me)

1. Last Night on Earth
2. If God Will Send His Angels
3. Discotheque
4. Staring at the Sun
5. Please

Back
Top Bottom