Random U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
I love it when you hear something about U2 when you weren't expecting it!! I went today and got the latest Kid Rock album and he gives a shout to U2 in his song, "Intro"....I almost drove off the road when I heard it! :hyper:

And just last week I heard another song, "1985" that mentions U2.

They really are the biggest band in the world! :yes:

Yes, I love when people say talk about U2 too.:hug:;) Un a song Everclear said "It is a beautiful day." But the song didn't have to do with that U2 song. Also somee songs remind me of Bono singing or a guitar for the Edge.:):);) One song for 5 seconds had the rythum for Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Last edited:
Kid Rock gives a shout to U2? Whoa, that's different!

Yeah I know that song 1985 - something like "there was springsteen, madonna, way before nirvana there was U2 and blondie and music still on mtv..."

U2 is still around, genius! :p

How about when U2 is mentioned/covered during concerts? When Moby played Red Rocks a few years ago, he did the first few chords of I Will Follow and his drummer followed suit by drumming the unmistakable beginnings of Sunday Bloody Sunday. Afterwards, he called out to the crowd that it was his U2 tribute.

Or when Coldplay played Red Rocks last year and acknowledged it was 20 years to the day when U2 played there under a blood red sky.

These moments often bring a feeling of pride.

How about when U2 is mentioned/covered during concerts? When Moby played Red Rocks a few years ago, he did the first few chords of I Will Follow and his drummer followed suit by drumming the unmistakable beginnings of Sunday Bloody Sunday. Afterwards, he called out to the crowd that it was his U2 tribute.

I was there! I just wanted to share that. :D

Live also does a few references to U2 in some of their songs, I can´t remember the exact lyrics, but I think the singer is a big u2 fan

I remember about a year back when I was at my friends watching a hip hop DVD, "Hard Knock Life", movie about Def Jam's tour featuring the biggest hip hop stars. It kind of sucked, I wasn't paying much attention. But then the CEO of Rocafella records Damon Dash said something like "if we were to be like anyone in the music industry, we want to be like u2...be big for such a long time, drop albums every few years and still be hot." It was kind of out of nowhere, thought it was funny. Rocafella's biggest star of course is Jay-Z, seems like he's Bono's new best friend.

Cask said:
Live also does a few references to U2 in some of their songs, I can´t remember the exact lyrics, but I think the singer is a big u2 fan

There's this one, from "People Like You":

In a dream I had I was on the stage with Queen
Michael Stipe and Elton John
Bono, Springsteen
Singing Hallelujah, Rock and Roll is king

Elton! Stipe! Springsteen! Queen! And that other guy. :sexywink:

And "Transmit Your Love":

Bow, bow put your ear to the door and
Bow, bow put your face to the floor and
Through the crack, see the people kickin it
Inside and leavin it all behind in the name
Of love, we raise the roof in the name of
Love, do what we came to do in a town
Tonight where the streets have no name
And everybody feels the same the outside
World is a goddamn shame

References to ATYCLB, Pride, and Streets in one stanza

Last edited:
UnforgettableLemon said:

There's this one, from "People Like You":

In a dream I had I was on the stage with Queen
Michael Stipe and Elton John
Bono, Springsteen
Singing Hallelujah, Rock and Roll is king

Elton! Stipe! Springsteen! Queen! And that other guy. :sexywink:

And "Transmit Your Love":

Bow, bow put your ear to the door and
Bow, bow put your face to the floor and
Through the crack, see the people kickin it
Inside and leavin it all behind in the name
Of love, we raise the roof in the name of
Love, do what we came to do in a town
Tonight where the streets have no name
And everybody feels the same the outside
World is a goddamn shame

References to ATYCLB, Pride, and Streets in one stanza

Both are severely underrated Live songs..love them to pieces...specially people like you....

Not sure, but i heard somewhere that Aussie rockers Powderfinger are massive haters of u2 or something.
Now i like powderfinger(one of the only shining lights in the shocking state of contemporary aussie music), but whatever reason could they have to hate u2?

The song 'Stumblin' features the lyric "It's not such a beautiful day", and i caught an interview (or the end of one) where i think one of the band memebers said it was meant to be making a cruel mockery of u2's beautiful day,
Not sure, anyone got any verification

intedomine said:

The song 'Stumblin' features the lyric "It's not such a beautiful day", and i caught an interview (or the end of one) where i think one of the band memebers said it was meant to be making a cruel mockery of u2's beautiful day,
Not sure, anyone got any verification

That's a pretty pathetic attempt at a "cruel" mockery. "Let's make it a negative phrase. God we're geniuses!"

Back
Top Bottom