Random questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Questions :

1) Do you listen to what Bono says about AIDS/DEBT etc and think that he is doing it genuinely.

2) Do you want to know about U2 band member's private life

3) What is U2, according to you ?

My answers

1) :silent: No comments.

2) Dont care as long as it doesnot affect their next album.

3) best band ever

AcrobatMan said:
Questions :

1) Do you listen to what Bono says about AIDS/DEBT etc and think that he is doing it genuinely.

My answers

1) :silent: No comments.

2) Dont care as long as it doesnot affect their next album.

3) best band ever

1. I believe while misguided, Bono is sincere in his beliefs/political activism.
2. Somewhat, it amkes them seem more human.
3. A Great Rock Band.

AcrobatMan said:
Questions :

My answers

1. He's genuine- I just don't listen :silent:

2. Not really- Id just like to know what Larrys 3rd child is called

3. My favourite band with Queen coming close behind :D

1. Having done quite a lot of study and research on the issues, I think that Bono is definitely on the right track. More people should be listening to him.

2. It's interesting to know what makes them tick, because it adds some dimension to the whole experience, but only to the extent that their privacy is not violated.

3. Best band in the world. Ever.

1. As far as I can listen to those reports about what Bono does and it doesn't take me more then half an hour on the computer I try to do so, but - I have to admit - I'm often too lazy to read an entire report about what Bono says about AIDS. But when he is on TV I listen to everything he tells. :D

2. Actually I'd really like to know, but since that will never happen...... :rolleyes: .........maybe there are things that should better be let in darkness. :mac:

3. U2 is the most enormous band that I ever listened to and in former times I did listen to others like Queen as well, but no band came close. They're the best band on earth and thus they should be respected from everybody. :yes:

1. I believe it is an important issue and Bono is sincere about what he is doing. His critics can kiss my a**.

2. One of the things I like about U2 is that for the most part they keep their private lives just that - private. I hate the way some celebrities make a big thing about getting married or having a child, as if no one on earth had ever done it before.

3. U2 is one of the greatest bands in rock and roll history, and perhaps the best to come along in the past 20 years or so. On a more personal note, no other group or artist even comes close to engaging my imagination or touching my deepest emotions the way they do.

1. Yes, I do listen to what Bono has to say with regard to his causes and I think he is 100% genuine in what he is trying to do...but I agree with some that he may be a little misguided or naive, however, I can't fault him for wanting to change the world. At least he is trying to do something.

2. If they are willing to share private details, I am interested but if they want something kept quiet, I respect that.

3. A huge part of my life.

AcrobatMan said:
Questions :

1) I do listen and I think he's extremely intelligent and well-meaning on the topic, the only thing that gets me is that Bono so has his spiel and I just don't think I can hear him say, "Us standing by with watering cans as a continent bursts into flames," anymore. I know what he's trying to say, I just wish he'd find new words to express it.

2) Only if they want to tell us. I really liked being able to see The Edge's wedding pictures but I would have understood if he and Morleigh hadn't released any because it's their business.

3) Sadly, one of the last true rock bands. I can't really see any of the younger crop having the same impact, stability and invincibility U2 has.

AcrobatMan said:
Questions :

1) I listen, there is no doubt Bono is sincere, I don't agree with his methods sometimes, but I think the important is the commitment.

2) Not really.

3) Musicians that inspire.

1. He's genuine. I respect that. I care. I just don't know what I can DO to help...
2. Not particularly. Hearing about their real lives disrupts my little fantasies that I play out in my head ;)
3. So far above the rest; the brightest stars of all

1. Yes, I listen to what Bono says and I think he is totally sincere about it. While I don't agree 100% with all of his ideas on debt relief, I do believe that what he's doing for AIDS and trade is good. Like sula, I think he's pretty much on the right track.

2. No, I don't really want to know all about their private life. I do, however, enjoy hearing random tidbits that illustrate the boys' character. :)

3. Musicians who also happen to be teachers, preachers, comforters, and inspirers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom