Ramones to be inducted into RR Hall of Fame!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lylas

The Fly
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011214/en/music-rockhall_2.html

Too bad Joey did not live to see this.
frown.gif

But they deserve it.

I hope U2 will be involved at the ceremony in some way. Maybe they'll play with the remaining band members.

Originally posted by no disk:
nice!

anyone seen "rock n' roll highschool?" what a f'ing hilarious fim!

lol! i saw it some night last summer- it was soo funny!!

that'd be great if Bono did the speech.. I can't think of anyone else who'd be better at it, or more excited to deliver it!

------------------
Show your heart....
Show your heart, and your soul!

*%* U2 Take Me Higher *%*

Good for The Ramones...but I truly wonder if they'd have been elected had Joey not died this year. Methinks that's what triggered the committee to recognize them, as they have been known in the past for their oversights.

So it's 25 years since your debut album?

So U2 will be up for nomination in what, 2005?

They should be a shoe-in!

I hope Bono does the induction speech for Joey, he'd definately do it right.

In a little while
This hurt will hurt no more....

Well, coincidentally, this was the first year the Ramones were eligible for induction. They weren't recognized before just because 25 years hadn't passed since the release of their first album.

Was the Hall of Fame intending to recognize punk rock this year before Joey died? Who knows? I don't doubt that the publicity surrounding Joey's death played a small part though.

Interestingly enough, the Talking Heads are also to be inducted, but the Sex Pistols were snubbed. Isaac Hayes is also going to be an inductee. Should be a very interesting jam session at the end of the ceremony this year.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom