Raise your hand if you don't think the Best of 1991-2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
is coming out this year. I mean, it is way to early to release ATYCLB songs on a greatest hits CD, and the band is working on new material anyway. I think this album should be released about five years from now. There is no point AT ALL, with U2's popularity at perhaps an all time high, to release another greatest hits album that would feature songs released last year. I chalk up this rumour to being just that, a RUMOUR. I would bet anything this best of compilation is not coming out anytime in the next couple of years.

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever

How Much?

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Its coming out soon, but not with songs from ATYCLB. It will just be a couple new songs plus songs pulled from their 3 90s albums.

this is very simple Achtung Baby,zooropa, miss saravio(cant spell)and the singles they did like hold me kill me, and yes the all great POP. mofo has to be on the best.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES

I just got an email from the atU2 group which says the 1990-2000 Best Of will be released in October of this year.
smile.gif

------------------
Stay with the demons you drowned
Stay with the spirit I found
Stay and the night would be enough

well if it is the best of 1990-2000 then Beautiful Day would have to be included. So they are going to take one song off an album and not the rest.

i put this rumour in the same class as the one that had bono riding to the stage at the superbowl on a harley....

------------------

Originally posted by Hitman:
is coming out this year. I mean, it is way to early to release ATYCLB songs on a greatest hits CD, and the band is working on new material anyway. I think this album should be released about five years from now. There is no point AT ALL, with U2's popularity at perhaps an all time high, to release another greatest hits album that would feature songs released last year. I chalk up this rumour to being just that, a RUMOUR. I would bet anything this best of compilation is not coming out anytime in the next couple of years.

ATYCLB would not be included, it was released post 90's.

Originally posted by new orleans:
ATYCLB would not be included, it was released post 90's.

It was released in 2000. So if the album is called 1990-2000 or 1991-2001, it should be included. Unless they call it the best of the 90's.

------------------

Best of 90-00 should mean January 1, 1990 to January first 2000. This means that ATYCLB won't be included. The Best of 80-90 fit into this mold January 1, 1980 to January 1, 1990 as the song Night and Day released in 1990 was not included. The song is very well done and was released on the "Red White and Blue" Cole Porter tribute album in 1990 and U2 did a video for it. I doubt that U2 or the recordcompany would want to include the songs off ATYCLB as it would realy hurt slaes.

I can't wait until October when it is suppose to be released. The opening track must be The Fly with a cover photo closeup of Bono with Fly shades on the cover

------------------
Your love was like a light bulb..hanging over my bed.

Originally posted by Hitman:

Daniel Lanois on it, maybe you can believe him. http://www.youtwo.net/news_archives.adp?newsid=17236

Hitman,

Has it ever occured to you that a Best of 1990-2000 (it is not 2001) can ALSO be called a Best of 90's album?

1980-1990
1990-2000
2000-2010

Songs off All That... will fit nicely on the Best of 2000-2010. That'll be in 8 years. All That... marks the beginning of a new decade not the end of one and, therefore, will not be included in the 1990-2000 set. The whole marketing idea of this is to introduce new U2 fans to the U2 of the 90's. All That... is not 90's U2.

2000 is just a number. Just because it says "1990-2000" does not mean that anything from "2000" will be included. Example, the Best of 1980-1990. Was there anything from "1990"? No. Why? Because Night and Day marked the beginning of a decade not the end of one. Night and Day was certainly not 80's U2. Hence the other name of the Best of 1980-1990 album. The Best of 80's.

Please excuse my "edginess." I'm having a bad week.

------------------
"Pull the trigger on a rock n' roll ****** bigger than Jesus on a bumper sticker!" -Bono, Bullet the Blue Sky.

Back
Top Bottom