radiohead fans are even WORSE than u2 fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
it makes me sick. how can one person say, oh the grammies dont mean shit anyway who cares, but they get royally pissed off when rh only gets one nomination?

im sorry but amnesiac isnt anywhere close to kid a, everyone has come to that realization.

check this thread out:
http://www.ateaseweb.com/forums/showthread.php?s=67c55a2c9e6c38b5e473bc6927062af2&threadid=3374

its rediculous, i dont even post at radiohead sitse anymore due to the fact they wall want to be like thom yorke, more so even than i, and that theyre a bunch of pretentios pricks that have the world all figured out.

theyre even worse than us u2 fans! and im a huge fan of both bands! what does this make me?!?! a freak?! probably, but you all knew that anyway.

*is ashamed to be a fan of music, it brings the worst out of everyone.

------------------
-death bear

let me also add that im embarrassed with my spelling/typing.

oh, and btw i try not to paint groups of people with one brush, but.... i cant help it. there are exceptions to every rule.

------------------
-death bear

did you just throw the word U2 in there to confuse me?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Yeah, and if Radiohead would get 8 nominations they would go like: Oh that?s so cool that our band got so many nominations!

And walk on is no weak song
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

------------------
beLIEve

Of course they say the grammies arent shit!!! If Radiohead got nominated for 8 grammies like U2 then it would be OHHHHHHHH Radiohead is nominated 8 times YAYAYAYA WoW! AnyonE caN PlAy guItaR!!!!

mad.gif

Radiohead fanatics (note: "fanatics" not "fans") are...well, kids and folks who don't know any better.
All the evidence I need is them trashing BOB DYLAN(!!) and U2. How embarrassing. I kind of dug Pablo Honey (although their self-censored performance of Creep on MTV's Spring Break Beach House may well have been the absolute low point for alternative rock in the first half of the 90's.) The Bends was a wonderful album. Ok Computer was fantastic. Truly swell stuff. No question. Kid A had its moments and they deserve a nod for daring to release a challenging if mediocre record when it would have been SO easy to cash in with Ok Computer pt 2. Amnesiac was a real let down though. Marginally better songwriting than Kid A but not in the same stratosphere as the Bends or Ok Computer.
I sympathize with the fans for being frustrated by the Grammy's but they can't simultaneously insist that Radiohead is above it all and then whine like the insolent bitches they are when Radiohead doesn't get nominated.
Here's a clue you idgits: Radiohead will get their chances after they've been around for years and they feel "safe" to the the average Grammy voter out there. Ok Computer didn't win album of the year either but it doesn't mean that it wasn't a great album. I don't think the Bends got a single nom but it was still brilliant stuff.

Get over yourselves. Get some perspective and for Christ's sake TRY LISTENING TO BOB DYLANS LOVE AND THEFT BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE IT. Because believe me, if you gave an infinite number of Thom Yorkes an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite amount of time to write song lyrics they/he still would never come up with anything APPROACHING the level of Bob Dylan's genius. And that's not even an insult.

MAP

[This message has been edited by Matthew_Page2000 (edited 01-04-2002).]

well said mathew.

i must argue though on one thing. perhaps you werent getting at it, but i want to make clear imo, yorke is a MUCH better singer than dylan. i mean really, dylan is KNOWN for not being able to sing beautifully, but the way he does it is his own style. this is not a knock on bob at all.

------------------
-death bear

LOL!

I thought Radiohead couldn't care less about publicity or awards, their fans are pretty pissed of! How ironic and silly of them!

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like it's the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

get your head out of the mud baby

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:

*is ashamed to be a fan of music, it brings the worst out of everyone.

[/B]

Why be? It also brings out the best.

Why worry about a bunch of idiots? The same class of person has ruined most of the U2 message boards as well (www.u2station.com , for one), but as you yourself indicate, that is no reason to lose faith.

The internet is rife with this sort of bullshit. Radiohead can look after themselves, they're big boys now. Anyway, much as I love them, they really aren't a Grammys kind of band these days (which may be good or bad, take yer pick).

------------------
"It wouldn't be a cry from the heart
or a high, hurtin' wail
we could look down and laugh now
I'd be all together
I'd be totally removed..."

U2 is my favorite band. DUH! But I don't care if they're nominated for eight grammys. the grammys are a bunch of old industry farts who wouldn't know a decent record or an innovative band if they were smacked in the face with it. Awards shows, in general, are nothing more than those in the business(whether it's movies, tv or music) patting themselves on the back. Honestly, does anyone take this seriously? Did Steely Dan winning the grammy for album of the year convince you that it was better than your favorite record? I doubt it.

That said, I'll be pulling for U2.
smile.gif

How about the guy who criticizes the grammys Album of the Year as bullshit by saying it has "two black bands" on it. How fucking bullshit is that racist crap!?!?

I know Im might get slammed a bit for this, but Stankonia is the best album of the lot on the list. Well, i have not taken the time to listen to Bob Dylans record as of yet since I am trying to save for a car and have no discretionary funds.

But back to my main point, what a fucking racist wanker!!

Back
Top Bottom