Radiohead and U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hornbag

The Fly
I'm an awful big fan of both bands and was wondering...How do they feel about each other, do they have mutual respect and liking for one another? and so on...

I'm just curious as they seem the kinda bands that are similar and might get on well, I'm not sure

Thanks

xaviMF22 said:
they both like each other.
Done. End. Close topic:lock: :lock:

Xavi, I can't resist! Just posting a couple of great qoutes from one of my favourite interviews with Thom Yorke:

“Bono says I’m a zealot,” (Yorke) says, smiling. “Whereas he’s a pragmatist. He gets things done.”

Bono also says, when Blender speaks to him by telephone, that Radiohead’s lead singer is “an angel singing about his devils,” which is as good an analysis as any of Thom Yorke’s appeal. The U2 frontman continues: “It’s that duality — the band is so tough, and yet his voice is so beautiful and fragile. Radiohead make sacred music.”

I remember Thom Yorke saying in an interview (by cdnow, I think) where he mentions Bono and U2. They're generally positive comments about how he's been influenced by them.

If I weren't so lazy I'd google it. But yeah, they like each other well enough.

cypress said:
I like Radiohead and "Creep" is one of my favorite songs of all time.

I've never heard anyone say that before, not even Radiohead fans:wink:

Last edited:
:bonodrum:

I think I'll use that smiley every time I post from now on

I love '90s Radiohead and some of Kid A, but I can't really get into Amnesiac or Hail to the Thief.

I remember Thom Yorke saying Zooropa and the Passengers album helped influence their sound too.

I've got a bootleg of Radiohead at Earl's Court in 2003 and at the end of 'I Might Be Wrong', Thom Yorke sings 'Love is hard and Love is tough, but love is not what you're thinking of'. A nice snippet, no?

Oh, and Kid A is one of the best albums of the new century, and certainly in my favourites of all-time. Absolutely excellent and the pinnacle of their work.

keosulli said:
I've got a bootleg of Radiohead at Earl's Court in 2003 and at the end of 'I Might Be Wrong', Thom Yorke sings 'Love is hard and Love is tough, but love is not what you're thinking of'. A nice snippet, no?

that's great!!!!!

Actually... a LOT of people said that Radiohead's "Kid A" accomplished what U2 wanted to do with "Pop"

then those people are idiots, seeing as u2 didn't intend to do anything that was done on kid a, and kid a didn't borrow anything from pop.

both really have nothing to do with each other at all.

passengers...well maybe that's different.

Back
Top Bottom