Radio One competition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
am i blind??

i cant see anything on the radio one website on how to enter the competition or anything like that? someone please point me in the right direction!!

You had to listen to the show.

Theres only one more chance to win and thats tomorrow.
Don't even get me started on this competition. :angry: Today and yesterday I entered it (and the questions are really random)! One of them was how many copies of ATYCLB have been sold, 14 million, 21 million or 24 million. Knowing something like that doesn't tell me someone is a bigger u2 fan than the next person! They are multiple choice and it's always the second contestant wins.

Oh, Chris Moyles asks the question at 7.15am tomorrow and you text in the answer, you have to text u2 answer your name and send it to 81199. Zane Lowe said the question three times but Jo Whiley only said it once.

The punters who have won the tickets haven't seemed really grateful or like huge U2 fans to me. It starts me off on a huge rant about why I should win the tickets. :uhoh: :D

I also have a number of measures in place so I get up in time tomorrow. I have set three alarm clocks (that's how many I normally need anyway, really) and I'm going to set a radio to radio one but get a tape ready to record and put it in one of our plugs with a timer so I can make it start recording from 6.55am. I'm so sad. :reject:

Lara Mullen said:
You had to listen to the show.

Theres only one more chance to win and thats tomorrow.
Don't even get me started on this competition. :angry: Today and yesterday I entered it (and the questions are really random)! One of them was how many copies of ATYCLB have been sold, 14 million, 21 million or 24 million. Knowing something like that doesn't tell me someone is a bigger u2 fan than the next person! They are multiple choice and it's always the second contestant wins.

Oh, Chris Moyles asks the question at 7.15am tomorrow and you text in the answer, you have to text u2 answer your name and send it to 81199. Zane Lowe said the question three times but Jo Whiley only said it once.

The punters who have won the tickets haven't seemed really grateful or like huge U2 fans to me. It starts me off on a huge rant about why I should win the tickets. :uhoh: :D

I couldn't enter this morning because I was at school, but last nite on Zane Lowe, I sent 54 text messages in (no joke).
I want tickets so bad!

I totally agree with you. We tried to get through last night and today aswell. It makes you so peeed off when someone who you can tell has guessed the answers wins:mad:

If they really wanted true fans to be there the questions would be a lot harder - questions only real fans would know

bonosbaby25 said:
I totally agree with you. We tried to get through last night and today aswell. It makes you so peeed off when someone who you can tell has guessed the answers wins:mad:

If they really wanted true fans to be there the questions would be a lot harder - questions only real fans would know

I thought the questions about the number of copies of ATYCLB and the Best of that had been sold were pretty random.

It makes me mad when the person doesn't sound grateful at winning the tickets.

beau2ifulday, i thought sending 4 questions was a lot :lol:
If I had have been at school still I would have skipped class and entered. :shifty:

Lara Mullen said:

I thought the questions about the number of copies of ATYCLB and the Best of that had been sold were pretty random.

It makes me mad when the person doesn't sound grateful at winning the tickets.

beau2ifulday, i thought sending 4 questions was a lot :lol:
If I had have been at school still I would have skipped class and entered. :shifty:

what was the answer to copies of `Best of' sold ?

Mike

Hey there Mike. I was actually pretty stumped with the question about the number of million albums the best of had sold. The answer was somewhere between 5 and 5.5 million albums (can't remember exactly). The other two options were much higher, in the region of 8 and 9 million.
Not the best of questions really - I wasn't overly impressed. Maybe if Rainman was a U2 fan he'd be pretty good at these kinda questions about precise numbers...

corner said:
Hey there Mike. I was actually pretty stumped with the question about the number of million albums the best of had sold. The answer was somewhere between 5 and 5.5 million albums (can't remember exactly). The other two options were much higher, in the region of 8 and 9 million.
Not the best of questions really - I wasn't overly impressed. Maybe if Rainman was a U2 fan he'd be pretty good at these kinda questions about precise numbers...

Thanks ! So it was Best Of 1990-2000 then, as the 1980-90 one has sold more than 15 million.

Mike

Yep it was definetely the second best of, 1990 - 2000. Do you think it matters if you send in more than one txt in response to the question? I had a sudden panic that they ignore the phone numbers in their "random selection" that have sent several texts. What d'ya reckon?

I agree with whats been said on here, I was pretty shall we say annoyed with this competition. Pathetic questions that were multiple choice and obviously if the first person gets it wrong by the time the next person gets asked they will have looked up the answers!!
I only heard the Jo Whiley part this morning and was appalled by the two "fans" picked out.

If I get chance on Monday and Tuesday I have some pretty akward questions for the band and Jo Whiley!!!
So look out!!!

corner said:
Yep it was definetely the second best of, 1990 - 2000. Do you think it matters if you send in more than one txt in response to the question? I had a sudden panic that they ignore the phone numbers in their "random selection" that have sent several texts. What d'ya reckon?

I wouldn't have thought it would matter, but of course i can't be sure. I will probably send just the one.

Mike

Anyone willing to post the question as its revealed, online tomorrow morning. My stereos tuner is broke and I would listen to it via Sky Digital but my mum will be watching gmtv. I'm desperate please!

corner said:

well if they did, then that puts my chances firmly out

:angry:

That competition was woeful :scream:
I answered those questions all right first time this morning and those 2 girls didn't have much of a clue. How could you be unsure that Anton Corbijn did the bands photos for ATYCLB. Even my Dad knew that!

I thought I had a good chance when I got a phone call back from Radio 1 (after submitting 35 txts!) to tell me to make sure I had my phone at the ready for 8.00am...and then heard nothing from them :sad:
I actually thought the second girl (the one that went on to win it) was ok although she had the advantage of the previous girl messing up, and by a process of elimination working out the right answers.
Bit of a cruel fecker that Moyles is though...reducing her to tears, telling her she was wrong and then changing his mind a while later - what was all that about?!?!?
Ah well, if this radio session is half as good as the one they did for promoting ATYCLB I will be a very happy monkey on Tuesday.:hyper:

I missed the bit where she cried.
I only sent 8 texts. I was restrained (and had barely any money on my phone) :D

corner said:
I thought I had a good chance when I got a phone call back from Radio 1 (after submitting 35 txts!) to tell me to make sure I had my phone at the ready for 8.00am...and then heard nothing from them :sad:
I actually thought the second girl (the one that went on to win it) was ok although she had the advantage of the previous girl messing up, and by a process of elimination working out the right answers.
Bit of a cruel fecker that Moyles is though...reducing her to tears, telling her she was wrong and then changing his mind a while later - what was all that about?!?!?
Ah well, if this radio session is half as good as the one they did for promoting ATYCLB I will be a very happy monkey on Tuesday.:hyper:

oh you poor thing - you must have got your hopes up too!

Back
Top Bottom