Radio Music Awards tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
U2 is nominated twice for awards to be given out during tonight's 2003 Radio Music Awards. The band is up for "Artist of the Year / Adult Alternative Radio", and the "Electrical Storm" single is up for "Song of the Year / Alternative Radio." The awards begin at 6 pm PT at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas, and will be shown live on NBC-TV.

My husband is in Las Vegas right now and saw their name up on the marquis - I sincerely doubt they'll be performing, but I'm taping this anyway....

U2 will lose. But that's okay. I hate what's out ont he radio anyway. It blows major ass.

oh but they are, The Noid Awards

this is once instance where you dont want to avoid the noid

i think it's being hosted this year by Bad Andy

Stop all this Michael Jackson tirades. Bono said it best in the start of Bad in the Dublin'93 concert: "To Michael Jackson, I don't believe you're bad -guilty before you've been given a chance."

Avril Lavigne performed a wonderful version of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door." To those that still remember, that Bob Dylan song has great significance to U2. The Alarm taught U2 how to play that song when they opened for U2 in the War Tour, then U2 added it to their setlist in the Unforgettable Fire Tour. Bono would preface the song with an introduction on how great the song was and how easy it was to play, so he suggested bands just starting out to cover that song. Although Avril probably wasn't born yet in 1984, it seems like she is now living embodiment of Bono's advice - new star on the horizon covering a song Bono recommends.

Cheers,

J

Cripe, Avril in this thread too? I really AM gonna have nightmares...

So back to my original question...I'm guessing they didn't win or appear, can anyone confirm this?

Last edited:
No, and no. Matter of fact the whole thing was rather uninteresting except for Tom Petty. :applaud: I missed Avril's song except the very end. Sounded like she was doing a good job. I don't think U2 were even mentioned in the categories they were nominated. But neither was Coldplay and they were nominated also. Could of missed it though. Maybe they had to be there to be mentioned. Like someone else said, there's getting to be entirely to many of these so called award shows. :down:

Michael Jackson? Justin Timberlake? Avril Lavigne? That sounds pretty much like a six-word definition of why I don't listen to the radio much any more.

yeah cuz michael jackson's on the radio all the time. he's made some good songs that man has.

Back
Top Bottom