Quoting U2 on a r?sum??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs. Edge

Bono's Belly Dancing Friend
Well, yesterday I decided to throw caution to the wind and I appled for another job. Even if I get an interview and am offered the job, I still may not take it, but it's good to have a conversation either way.

Anyway, I have updated my resume, and right there on the front, under my Career Objective I quote U2 "I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me".

Now I'm having images of these high falutin people looking at my resume and either not having a clue what I am talking about, or rolling their eyes.

I am inclined to think that since I work in the charitable sector, U2 is the ideal band to quote on my resume, especially since I subscribe to most of the same world views!

Do you think this was a silly thing to do? Do any of you do this too?

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:
Well, yesterday I decided to throw caution to the wind and I appled for another job. Even if I get an interview and am offered the job, I still may not take it, but it's good to have a conversation either way.

Anyway, I have updated my resume, and right there on the front, under my Career Objective I quote U2 "I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me".

Now I'm having images of these high falutin people looking at my resume and either not having a clue what I am talking about, or rolling their eyes.

I am inclined to think that since I work in the charitable sector, U2 is the ideal band to quote on my resume, especially since I subscribe to most of the same world views!

Do you think this was a silly thing to do? Do any of you do this too?

that's kinda cool. if i knew the people i was applying to were snobs i wouldn't do it. this is why i have about 4 different resumes for different types of companies.

Sounds fine to me!
smile.gif

I use a lot of U2 quotes (or quotes from other people I've heard them use.)

If you get an interview you could use lots of U2 quotes:

"Why did you leave your previous employer?"

"It was time to walk on and dream it all up again"

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

LOL! So true! When I told Steve about this he said, "Was the quote I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For?"

GASP! As I write this, Walk On just came on the radio!!! Hmmmmmm.

Originally posted by zoomerang II:
If you get an interview you could use lots of U2 quotes:

"Why did you leave your previous employer?"

"It was time to walk on and dream it all up again"

[This message has been edited by Mrs. Edge (edited 02-26-2002).]

I like the idea, but when you are NOT associating it with U2 it sounds a bit silly and overly cheesy so I am not surprised some people rolled their eyes. Did you have text under the quote saying who said it? That might help.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Oh, yes I definitely put it in quotes and credited it to U2. Also, to be fair, I'm not sure if anyone has rolled their eyes, I just hope they don't!
biggrin.gif

Spinning, hope I'll see you at the Grammy party tomorrow!
smile.gif

Originally posted by elevatedmole:
I like the idea, but when you are NOT associating it with U2 it sounds a bit silly and overly cheesy so I am not surprised some people rolled their eyes. Did you have text under the quote saying who said it? That might help.

Spinning, hope I'll see you at the Grammy party tomorrow!
smile.gif

Definatly. In fact, I just asked you in one of the PLEBA threads. I am bringing some girlfriends with me. They are U2 fans too, but not fanatics. (I am hoping that this will help!!). In case you didn't know, my real name is Kelly, oh, and my hair is actually brown now, not red like in the picture!! Is Steve coming????

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Steve and I will both be there, and you're right, I didn't know your irl name!

NicaMom, amazingly enough, ANOTHER even more interesting job was just posted (Director of Fundraising for the Toronto Humane Society!), so I am going to go for that one too! Now if only U2 had done a song about animals...

Now if only U2 had done a song about animals...
Hmmm..."Who's gonna ride your wild horses" maybe???
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

haha zoomer that made me laugh
imagine doing that for every question.

What are your strengths?
"Im nearly great, I hurt for it, work for it,and Im trying to throw my arms around the world. Oh and i never park in anyone's space."

What are your weaknesses?
"This one time, I threw a brick through a window..."

Good Luck Mrs Edge! I think its a nice personal touch on there.

"I'm sorry your just not qualified for this"

" FOAD"

hey....your right zoom

Jess you never know, by using a U2 quote on your resume, you might come across someone who, upon seeing your quote, might think, "OMD! She's quoting U2! I *must* hire this person!!"
biggrin.gif

Hey, it could happen...anything's possible in U2 world...
wink.gif

For the charitable industry you are working in, I think that's a great quote!

LOL! So would I if I were hiring someone! But you might regret hiring me, because I spend all my work time on interference!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by U2live:
if i got resumes with U2 quotes I'd hire you over the phone sight unseen.

Back
Top Bottom