Quotes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo786

War Child
When and where did the band (prob Bono) actually say these quotes

'chopping down the joshua tree'

'dream it all up again'

both in reference to the release of Achtung Baby I think.

They seem to always be included in non U2 fan specific Bios and things that I read.

Any idea when they were said etc?

"Achtung Baby is the sound of 4 men chopping down The Joshua Tree" is the complete quote if memory serves me. Bono said this on many an interview during 1991-1992 but I can't remember exactly which one was the first. I would have to do some reading of me old newspaper/magazine articles! :nerd:

I believe the dream it all up again speech was actually a couple of days before New years eve, but it just gets credited to the new years show.

thelaj said:
I believe the dream it all up again speech was actually a couple of days before New years eve, but it just gets credited to the new years show.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was before "Love Rescue Me" on December 30th, 1989.

Okay it took me a while to find it, speed reading through all my old U2 articles! The original quote is actually "THE FLY is the sound of 4 men chopping down the Joshua Tree". It first appeared in the infamous April 1992 The Face interview, that took place in a Russian restaurant in west London, where Bono stripped down to his birhtday suit!! :ohmy: Oh. to have been a fly on the wall...!!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom