Questions about U2's GOLD MFSL CD's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never noticed any better sound quality on those MFSL versions and, some of those tracks with different lengths on it sound equal to me as well. Ok, maybe it's because I use a very simple headphones to listen to my CDs. :)

I found my gold War cd at Hasting's , in the used cd's . :drool:
I don't remember what I payed for it but I know it was under 10
bucks , I almost didn't get it because I didn't know what it was at the time . :huh:

Doesn't the gold record get its excellent quality from the thin layer of gold on the bottom of the CD? Otherwise, copying it onto a normal CD wouldn't sound any different than the non-gold disc.

Can anyone who downloaded these let me know where, and perhaps seed the downloads...

They should be available still on demonoid.com (torrents)

Thanks CT, unfortunately, you need to be a member to access those links as well (except for War), thanks for trying none the less.:|

Sorry. You used to be able to get at them w/out joining. Grab War at least, it's very good.

midnightlemon said:
Doesn't the gold record get its excellent quality from the thin layer of gold on the bottom of the CD? Otherwise, copying it onto a normal CD wouldn't sound any different than the non-gold disc.

Gold ones and zeroes sound the same as silver ones and zeores. The discs sound better because they've been remastered.

I can tell the difference even on my iPod, where both versions are ripped with the same bitrate.

Back
Top Bottom