Question: will Bono be in NYC on 29 APR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeannieco

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
If the moonlight caught you crying on Killiney Bay
Hi everyone,
I don't know if this is right place to post this question (apologies if not) but I am going to be in NYC on 29April for a huge Peace festival and march! I was wondering and also hoping that Bono might make an appearance, although I am not holding my breath!
Does anyone know what he is up to these days and if he will be in NYC any time soon?
Thanks! Jeannie

He has some U.S. engagements a few days later, so it's conceivable, although more likely he'd be in NY for the Tribeca Film Festival than the Peace Festival at that time...

Well, the March for Peace and Justice and Democracy 29April NYC, is just that, a huge march through Manhanttan. The Peace Festival is afterwards, it should be awesome! I wonder who will show up? Hmmm.. you never know!
I have never done anything like this! I am so excited. Various groups have joined the march including a group representing the hurricane victims from the gulf coast! Anyway....it's a peaceful march, not so much a protest. I am about positive change, and how to make things better, not demonize anyone.
Peace and love people! :cool:

Last edited:
Is there an organized starting and ending place? Maybe speeches somewhere along the way? Schedule of speakers? Hmmm...I mean if Bono has to be in Dallas anyway on May 5 for a speech he might as well hang out in NY for the whole week prior right?

I'm going to the Unforgettable Fire show the night before and was going to head home on Saturday, but now I might stay...

April 29 Logistics

Here is some quick info on the logistics of the march! Anybody can do this!! It will be awesome!!
We are happy to announce that an agreement has been reached with the NYC Police Department for our plans on Saturday, April 29th.

The March for Peace, Justice and Democracy will kick off in Manhattan, just north of Union Square and proceed south along Broadway to Foley Square, where we will hold a Peace and Justice Festival. Please see schedule below:

10:30 am - 12 noon: Assembly along Broadway, north of 18th Street. Contingents will form in the area from 18th Street to 22nd Street, between Fifth Avenue and Park Avenue South. If you are not part of a contingent forming east of Broadway, please enter the assembly area from the west. (See below for contingent details.)

12 noon: March begins and proceeds south on Broadway. We will turn left (east) on Worth Street and continue into Foley Square.

1 pm - 6 pm: The Peace and Justice Festival will be held at Foley Square from 1 pm to 6 pm.

Jeannieco said:
Thank you for the info! Hopefully he will be in the area!
I am not a crazy stalker person, but do any of you happen to know the area his NY apt is in? Maybe I will run in to him on the street!! Ya right!:wink:

It's not difficult to find this information. Actually there are pics and info on Interference. If you are a Premium member all you need to do is a Search to come up with info in prior threads. I am not going to give the info outright.:wink: Good Luck.

Wow, these events sound really cool. Unfortunately, my internship company is hosting a fundraiser that I organized for the Make A Wish Foundation on the 29th, so I'll be playing carnival games with kids.

no, the 29th is my birthday and he's playing a special concert at my house which is a short 2 hours from NYC. sold out, sorry.

i suppose venue seating can hold a few more people, but mighty fine presents must be brought. :mad:

Back to the OP, Ali was here in NYC last night for a fundraising dinner, so the B-man is probably not far behind... ;)

Pop Artist said:
Back to the OP, Ali was here in NYC last night for a fundraising dinner, so the B-man is probably not far behind... ;)

I was in NYC last night, what fundraiser :shifty:

This will be awesome if he is in the city this weekend! My Bono mojo must be working! I just hope catch a glimpse of him/them in the city, if in fact he is there at all. ???
I will keep the positive thoughts flowing!!
Thanks for all the info guys! I will post on my trip when I come back from the Big Apple.
Jeannie

JCOSTER said:

I'm following you.....you seem to have good luck in trying to meet Mr. Big.:wink:

* scans around for one4*!!! :lol:

woah!!! have to keep scouting these board and whereever else on the Net :looksfarwide&deeply:

Now I figure he'd stay AWAY from the march/fair itself...he can't afford to be too forward in his oppostion to you-know-who's OTHER policies!!! :shifty:

HAve a great [and safe] time Jeanni!

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:

Now I figure he'd stay AWAY from the march/fair itself...he can't afford to be too forward in his oppostion to you-know-who's OTHER policies!!! :shifty:

HAve a great [and safe] time Jeanni!

Yes, I figured he wouldn't be attending officially since he must remain as neutral as possible when it comes to politics so he has more bargaining power. Smart man he is! I wonder if Bono has an incognito disguise? :wink:
Thanks for the well wishes! I cannot wait to be back in New York City! It will only be my second visit, first one since 9/11. I LOVE it there!
Hope to see all you New Yorkers in the crowd Saturday at the march! It should be interesting! Come on...join the march! We have got to get our country back!
Peace! Jeannie
:bono: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom