Question for U2 concert attenders: zootv tour especially

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattFromNYC

War Child
to those of you who have attended U2 shows.. especially from the ZOO TV period, did the band seem to be having as much fun and enjoying themselves like they did during the ZooTV Stockholm 1992 video bootleg? or did they just get overly like that for official recordings and televised shows?

I got off in the parking lot with my girlfriend at the meadowlands after the show.:up:

oh yeah, show was damn fine.

I saw the band on one Zoo TV show. There was a tee shirt stand in my way, so I couldn't see if the band was having fun or not.

Didn't you ask this question in your other thread?

Odd question....

Anyway, I was at the Cleveland Zoo TV show and from what I remember, the band seemed to be having fun. :shrug:

I went to U2s Stockholm 1993 Zooropa concert and even though it had rained for most of the first part of the show (Bono even slipped on the wet stage and nearly fell on is face after Mysterious Ways!), U2 seemed to be having a great time and made for a very memorable and enjoyable concert. :rockon:

They were definitely having a good time I saw them twice on that tour. It was like a party atmosphere with lots of crowd interaction. One hell of a show:yes:

Now called The Tweeters Center ...
Back then, The ZOO TV show was at the World Music Theatre and it was really GREAT !! :bow:

U2 were definitely having a "blast" of a GREAT time !! :wink:

The only disappointing thing was that the show was NOT in Chicago instead ... :tsk:

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:
I went to U2s Stockholm 1993 Zooropa concert and even though it had rained for most of the first part of the show (Bono even slipped on the wet stage and nearly fell on is face after Mysterious Ways!), U2 seemed to be having a great time and made for a very memorable and enjoyable concert. :rockon:

I Think that was the first time they played Stay too.

I wish I was able to experience Zoo TV.

All I have to say is...

I attended to the best ever Pop Mart Concert Santiago 1998 :rockon: :bow: :shocked: :heart:

That´s say it all ;)

liamcool said:

Stay was played for the first time at the first Wembley show. Along with Numb, Zooropa and Babyface. I'm an f'n setlist Nazi.

Nope you are wrong :)

according to U2-vertigo-tour.com

Setlist: Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One
Unchained Melody
Until The End Of The World
New Year's Day
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Numb
Angel Of Harlem
Rain
When Love Comes To Town
Satellite Of Love
Bad
All I Want Is You
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
Desire
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
With Or Without You
Love Is Blindness
Can't Help Falling In Love

Comments: First 'Stay (Faraway, So Close!)'

Nah nannahanah nah nah! :lol:

I saw them 5 times that tour and they were REALLY into it.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I couldn't tell if the band was having more fun at Zoo, I was having too much fun to notice or care. The thing about Zoo, and even Popmart is that if you were sitting really close it was a great show and if you weren't sitting really close it was still a great show.

I was never physically closer to the band than I was for Elevation but I felt like I wasn't getting the same show experience as those in the lower, better seats. If I can't work out a way to get better seats for Vertigo this fall, I'm probably going to dump my nosebleed, rear-view seats.

They had the best time of their lives on that tour. I went to see them at Roundhay Park and it was a great gig, Bono loved dressing up as Macphisto.

I saw 9 shows on the Zoo TV and Zooropa tours and you could tell they had a lot of fun onstage. Every night you could tell Bono was having a lot of fun playing the Fly, Mirrorball Man and MacPhisto and just playing around on stage.

Larry may have had more fun on this tour than any other, when he had his chance to come up front and sing his song. I saw him do this a few times, singing Dirty Old Town. That was always a highlight of the shows, when he would do this. On his birthday in 92, at Dodger Stadium night 2, they did a satellite link up to Elvira at Knott's Scary (Berry) Farm and she led the audience in singing happy birthday to Larry.

A moment from that tour that sticks in my mind was at the Anaheim Stadium show, show #100 and the final Zoo TV show in the US. As a result this was a highly emoitonal show for the band. I was located next to the mini stage and I still recall The Edge's expression at the end of Satellite of Love. Bono would be singing the song as a duet with Lou Reed on the video screens. As it ended that night, I could see a big smile on Edge's face and a look that suggested that even he was in awe of what was transpiring.

I loved the Popmart tour, which was just as spectacular as Zoo Tv was in the stadiums, but the show did not allow the band to have as much fun as they did with all the unusual elements incorporated into Zoo TV.

By the way, Zoo TV in stadiums was far, far better than it was in arenas.

Last edited:
Halup said:
A moment from that tour that sticks in my mind was at the Anaheim Stadium show, show #100 and the final Zoo TV show in the US. As a result this was a highly emoitonal show for the band. I was located next to the mini stage and I still recall The Edge's expression at the end of Satellite of Love. Bono would be singing the song as a duet with Lou Reed on the video screens. As it ended that night, I could see a big smile on Edge's face and a look that suggested that even he was in awe of what was transpiring.

wow. :)

thankyou for sharing that. i wish i could have seen that.

they created something very beautiful and special and the amount of emotion during that whole tour during their sets, really encaptured that.

that must have been so cool, being one of the band members, and seeing and looking back and this creation they made and all the people jumping, cheering, singing along in unison.. too emotional!! :)

Back
Top Bottom