Question about R&H documentary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
During "Heartland" in the documentary when they are at Graceland, Bono asks the lady if Larry can get a photograph with the bike, and the lady says yea but without the video cameras shooting, and Bono agrees and says yea "just a personal photograph without all of this" (pointing to the video cameras). Yet right the next second we see the video camera shooting at Larry while he is getting his picture taken with the bike. I'm confused! :huh:

I'm sure that they got it cleared with the Graceland people before they put it in the film, I doubt she got in trouble.

Bono may have actually intended not to have it filmed but he wasn't the camera man. Most likely it was the director and he certainly wasn't going to let that one slip by without being filmed. Bono may have not even known about it at the time. I wouldn't blame Bono.

If you watch the R&H Outtakes, you see that there were at least two cameras with them. One was on Bono & the lady. When she says not to film, you see the other camera walk away but sneakily point toward Larry and the bike. So the lady knew that one camera was off, but didn't realize the second was on--and pointing right at Larry on the bike.

^ I wish they would release a better R&H DVD with deleted scenes! :grumpy: I'm going to keep watching my BETA recording until they do. Or until it wears out.

that scene is filmed from a hidden angle . as u can see the camera is shaking and at one point a man comes and puts himself in front of the camera pretending to be talking with larry.

ps: hey all, this is my first interference post

:wave:

I know someone who works for EP Enterprises and I know for a fact the lady was fired for the incident. Graceland / EPE does not mess around with anything related to the possessions, image or likeness of Elvis. Everything involved with Elvis that they do and can control is taken very, very seriously.

Wildhorsesbaby said:
I know someone who works for EP Enterprises and I know for a fact the lady was fired for the incident. Graceland / EPE does not mess around with anything related to the possessions, image or likeness of Elvis. Everything involved with Elvis that they do and can control is taken very, very seriously.

Darn. Her life as a tour guide was ruined!

At least she's forever captured in celluiloid though.

Back
Top Bottom